OMG!!!1! It's shaking!

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

OMG!!!1! It's shaking!

Post by catch23 »

Anybody else in L.A. feel the quake? Care to share your experience?

Personally, I'm at work in downtown L.A. in the basement of a 19 story old hospital and you can bet your buttocks I went outside and so did everyone else.
propogandadan1
Posse

Re: OMG!!!1! It's shaking!

Post by propogandadan1 »

I'm at work in Brea, and we felt it pretty good.

I should really go home :lol:
mrchopchop
Swindler

Post by mrchopchop »

My 1st rumbler, pretty messed up, Mr Sprinkles still has a puffy tail an hour later. Also something fell off the book case and damaged a frame that is currently out of rotation.
I wear loose fitting jeans cause my balls overheat
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

I HATE EARTHQUAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

Im on the 9th floor of an office in Irvine and it sucked. Our building is on rollers so we swayed for a while
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EVSTAXI
Posse

Post by EVSTAXI »

felt it all the way down in SD. just felt like i was getting dizzy or something.
my collection:
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

Folks over at SNO posted a myspace bulletin - Sounds like they got a little scared over there!
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

I got shook pretty good in Northridge. Knocked 2 Dunnys off my shelf, good thing they're plastic. It almost took the life of my LV statue, it was hanging on for dear life, good thing because it would have broke for sure.

**EDIT** Dang it! Just realized one of my Dunnys actually did break. :cry:
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re:

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Reverend ToneZone wrote:I got shook pretty good in Northridge. Knocked 2 Dunnys off my shelf, good thing they're plastic. It almost took the life of my LV statue, it was hanging on for dear life, good thing because it would have broke for sure.

oh noes which dunny?
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

felt it in Anaheim pretty good. Our office is on the 7th floor and the building was-a-rockin! Good times!
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

glad to see the posse pulled through!!no injuries reported yet
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
toyroom
Giant

Re:

Post by toyroom »

Reverend ToneZone wrote:I got shook pretty good in Northridge. Knocked 2 Dunnys off my shelf, good thing they're plastic. It almost took the life of my LV statue, it was hanging on for dear life, good thing because it would have broke for sure.

Earthquake measure... 2 on the dunny scale.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Re: Re:

Post by admonkey »

toyroom wrote:

Earthquake measure... 2 on the dunny scale.
HA!
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
synecdoche
Posse

Post by synecdoche »

I knew Bush had a hurricane machine for southern blacks, but I didn't know he had an earthquake machine for west coast sinners. That man must talk to god :lol:

4th floor san diego downtown was still scary.
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

Parking my car in Santa Monica, thought the neighbors kids were messing with me by shaking my car, but I didn't see them... Then I though if I had any shrooms that day, turns out I didn't... Then someone comes outside screaming "WAS THAT A F*****G EARTHQUAKE!? IT'S MY FIRST ONE I HAVE TO CALL MY FRIEND IN GEORGIA!"
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Post by catch23 »

Lol, well I'm glad you guys are fine. It was a trip seeing some people here in the office bolt for the door. I'd never seen them move so fast.

I was telling my wife on Monday that I did not want to be at work when an earthquake happened because this building is over 70 years old. It almost got put out of commission after the 94' Northridge quake, you can still see the patched up cracks on the walls. When we were evacuating all I could say is "durnit, I jinxed it!"
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

So it's your fault then... geez thanks catch!

My wife told my daugther that "The Man Above" was angry at her for not cleaning her room... needless to say the room was spotless when I got home!
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Re:

Post by catch23 »

TBlaze wrote:So it's your fault then... geez thanks catch!

My wife told my daugther that "The Man Above" was angry at her for not cleaning her room... needless to say the room was spotless when I got home!
Sorry man, next time I promise to knock on wood.
rastapunk
Giant

Re:

Post by rastapunk »

San Fernando represent! (I'm in Tarzana)
Yantra and mantra create tantra.