Tyler Stout

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
DunDun
Giant

Re: Tyler Stout

Post by DunDun »

toobs wrote:Wow I got censored! I never wished death upon anyone c'mon guys that was a bit brash
This hits home for me. I had a serious head injury when I was a kid and I cringe when I see stuff like that. Getting hit by a bus will result in death a disproportionate amount of the time. It only takes a 13-17mph collision with concrete for your head to split open...even less for your temples(8-10 or so).

Anyways back to topic.

I agree this print didn't look anything like a Stout and looks like cells, but since it's the nature of the subject it's gonna be hard for him to put his own spin on it without losing too much of the OG form. I wouldn't pay $$ for it, but it seem like Stout collectors have deep pockets.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

Sorry everyone I need to think before I post, I think flippers & new collectors are askin for to much & trying to compare this to tylers better pieces like Blade Runner & The Thing have no clue what they are doin or talkin bout. Great movie good print that's my opinion, wish I could bring myself to spend 1k on Tylers work but knowing it's going to a greedy flipper kills it for me, I rather spend it on 5-10 prints at cost from artist who deserve the money. It's one thing to spend that kinda money on something a couple years old bs a print that came out less then a week ago
RiotAct
Swindler

Post by RiotAct »

toobs wrote:Sorry everyone I need to think before I post, I think flippers & new collectors are askin for to much & trying to compare this to tylers better pieces like Blade Runner & The Thing have no clue what they are doin or talkin bout. Great movie good print that's my opinion, wish I could bring myself to spend 1k on Tylers work but knowing it's going to a greedy flipper kills it for me, I rather spend it on 5-10 prints at cost from artist who deserve the money. It's one thing to spend that kinda money on something a couple years old bs a print that came out less then a week ago
I don't see the prices for Akira going anywhere but up after the flipping frenzy is over, TBH... if anyone really wants one I'd act soon.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

RiotAct wrote:
toobs wrote:Sorry everyone I need to think before I post, I think flippers & new collectors are askin for to much & trying to compare this to tylers better pieces like Blade Runner & The Thing have no clue what they are doin or talkin bout. Great movie good print that's my opinion, wish I could bring myself to spend 1k on Tylers work but knowing it's going to a greedy flipper kills it for me, I rather spend it on 5-10 prints at cost from artist who deserve the money. It's one thing to spend that kinda money on something a couple years old bs a print that came out less then a week ago
I don't see the prices for Akira going anywhere but up after the flipping frenzy is over, TBH... if anyone really wants one I'd act soon.

agreed. favorite stout ever. stout * akira * limited edition = $$$
on point like a decimalist?
Mira263
Giant

Post by Mira263 »

Yea I really dropped the ball on the Akira print. I got all kinds of tweets from Mondo about "you gotta be there for this one!" I slept on it, and nearly sh!t myself when I woke up the next day and saw what I missed. Been dying for a Stout print for some time, and always seem to miss out.

Granted,if I had got he Akira print I would be trying to trade it for a Lebowski. Its my fav he has done. Oh well!
IG - ATXjeweler
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

Mira263 wrote:Yea I really dropped the ball on the Akira print. I got all kinds of tweets from Mondo about "you gotta be there for this one!" I slept on it, and nearly sh!t myself when I woke up the next day and saw what I missed. Been dying for a Stout print for some time, and always seem to miss out.

Granted,if I had got he Akira print I would be trying to trade it for a Lebowski. Its my fav he has done. Oh well!
Don't feel too bad. Apparently the tix sold out immediately from the theater's website so you might not have scored one even if you had tried.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

Some Kill Bill prints are being sold via lottery and a "Nihil Novi" print was available for purchase on Tyler Stout's BigCartel store, but is apparently sold out now.
http://tstoutinfo.blogspot.com/2011/05/ ... ttery.html
i'll be selling them via random email lottery. names will be picked Friday, May 27th, 3 PM PST. so enter once before 3PM PST Friday if you're interested. winners will be limited to one poster TOTAL, not one of both.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

rumspring wrote:Some Kill Bill prints are being sold via lottery and a "Nihil Novi" print was available for purchase on Tyler Stout's BigCartel store, but is apparently sold out now.
http://tstoutinfo.blogspot.com/2011/05/ ... ttery.html
i'll be selling them via random email lottery. names will be picked Friday, May 27th, 3 PM PST. so enter once before 3PM PST Friday if you're interested. winners will be limited to one poster TOTAL, not one of both.

wow those went fast! i hit some kind of error when trying to order and then forgot about it. whoops.
on point like a decimalist?
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

N e one score?
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

+1 regular!
first stout lottery score. super stoked!
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Post by displaced bear »

congrats adambad!
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

I got a confirmation of my order for Nihil Novi, but nothing about the lottery. Congrats to AdamBad and anyone else here that won the lottery.
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

thanks guys!
SHT!
Giant

Post by SHT! »

adambad wrote:+1 regular!
first stout lottery score. super stoked!
congratulations!
youre going to love this print in person!
its so bada$$!

its my far my favorite non obey print ive purchased in a long, long, long time!
SHT! Store
http://www.SHTexclamation.com
SHT! Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SHTexclamation
SHT! Email
imakeSHT@gmail.com
SHT! Instagram
@SHTexclamation
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

thanks troy. im really looking forward to seeing this.

surprised that more here didnt win, i think i counted like 15 or so on eb. perhaps im the only one over here that entered the lottery.
:wink:
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

adambad wrote:thanks troy. im really looking forward to seeing this.

surprised that more here didnt win, i think i counted like 15 or so on eb. perhaps im the only one over here that entered the lottery.
its frustrating when people who have bought one already enter the lottery to get another to sell their first one for 4x mark-up (not saying you did this, just people over at ebeans bragging about it) oh well you win some you lose some
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adambad
Giant

Post by adambad »

jwoods103 wrote:
adambad wrote:thanks troy. im really looking forward to seeing this.

its frustrating when people who have bought one already enter the lottery to get another to sell their first one for 4x mark-up (not saying you did this, just people over at ebeans bragging about it) oh well you win some you lose some

it is, and fwiw this will be going into flat storage along side my star wars set and blade runner until the time comes that they can all be framed and displayed together.
Deloused
Swindler

Post by Deloused »

i scored one regular too :o
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

Post by MarshMan65 »

Nothing here, I really wanted to get a Kill Bill Regular!
"save a pretzel for the gas jets!"
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

MarshMan65 wrote:Nothing here, I really wanted to get a Kill Bill Regular!
+1
"I make my own luck."
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

super bummed i didn't score a kill bill in the loto, so jus purchased one on FleaBay for $325, I guess i can live with that :|
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

Post by MarshMan65 »

toobs wrote:super bummed i didn't score a kill bill in the loto, so jus purchased one on FleaBay for $325, I guess i can live with that :|

Thats a pretty good price....considering what the going rate is for it right now.
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

MarshMan65 wrote:
toobs wrote:super bummed i didn't score a kill bill in the loto, so jus purchased one on FleaBay for $325, I guess i can live with that :|

Thats a pretty good price....considering what the going rate is for it right now.
yea i saw another go for $345 this afternoon, I figure since they're all sold out for good, I better get in on one before it gets to an even more outrageous price . . . i cant wait to get it should be here by thurs or fri
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

Post by MarshMan65 »

toobs wrote:
MarshMan65 wrote:

yea i saw another go for $345 this afternoon, I figure since they're all sold out for good, I better get in on one before it gets to an even more outrageous price . . . i cant wait to get it should be here by thurs or fri
It was definitely a smart purchase!

Congrats man, hope you enjoy it!

im still looking for a Stout Empire Strikes back at a decent price! :lol:
RiotAct
Swindler

Post by RiotAct »

yeah I saw that $325 one come up earlier today, figured it would get snatched up quickly. LOL at the flippers flooding the market with these... they'll be kicking themselves a year from now I think.