DAIN

Other Artists? We got 'em right here.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

4 x 5' TV Boy Canvas is the best of the lot IMHO. I am starting to regret not buying it when I had the chance.
JErikR
Giant

Dain

Post by JErikR »

I don't know, but Dain might be better than his brother :shock: Uh oh, waiting for the flames to fly.....
JErikR
J
Punk

Re: Dain

Post by J »

JErikR wrote:I don't know, but Dain might be better than his brother :shock: Uh oh, waiting for the flames to fly.....
Applesauce and orange juice.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

JErikR wrote:I don't know, but Dain might be better than his brother :shock: Uh oh, waiting for the flames to fly.....
Fred Unger Chuck Ken Tim Henry Amy Ted. :lol:
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

I agree with you. Flame on!
JErikR
Giant

Dain

Post by JErikR »

Lol! Thought I would just stir things up a bit this Xmas :) Dain does seem pretty cool though.....
JErikR
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Be jealous of the rad-ness. :D

J
Punk

Post by J »

Just a heads up... some cat from over at the Banksy forums is supposedly releasing Dain prints sometime in the next few days.

http://www.prescriptionart.com

I have no clue about image(s) or pricing.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

I like his stuff better from the few pieces I've seen.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

J wrote:Just a heads up... some cat from over at the Banksy forums is supposedly releasing Dain prints sometime in the next few days.

http://www.prescriptionart.com

I have no clue about image(s) or pricing.
It's up...

http://www.prescriptionart.com/product. ... uct_id=325
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

Really like some of the canvas's with alot going on, not feeling this print to be honest.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

Me neither. You can get an amazing canvas/wood piece for 2-3x the price of this rather bland print.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Solar wrote:Me neither. You can get an amazing canvas/wood piece for 2-3x the price of this rather bland print.
Agreed. I love the piece on wood. It feels substantial. And Lint Gallery shipped like pros. The box was a fortress.
I do really like this picture though:
http://www.prescriptionart.com/images/tvboys.jpg

Kinda cool to see them all.
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

yea werent his originals like $400-$600, $200 for a print from an unknown artist is a bit much IMO.
robotoil
Giant

Post by robotoil »

VisualPollution wrote:yea werent his originals like $400-$600, $200 for a print from an unknown artist is a bit much IMO.
prescriptionart
Punk

Post by prescriptionart »

Hi there, I guess i'm the aforementioned cat from the Banksy forums!

To defend the pricing a little, it's a beautiful piece of work, and each print in the edition is essentially an original piece hand-printed by DAIN himself. I'm sure it'll seem very cheap in 6 months' time.

Anyway, i'm glad some of you are enjoying DAIN's work. I'm a big fan myself, which is why I wanted to work with him!

I'd recommend that you sign up to the mailing list on the site as well... I have some great work coming up this year, including some prints from GAIA, who is absolutely off the hook.

Image[/img]
maadbeats
Posse

Post by maadbeats »

Does Dain have a website or an email? Been trying to track it down so i can get him to do me a commission piece
MY WEB GALLERY:
http://www.provocativeartwork.bigcartel.com
use promo code: GIANTFORUMMEMBER for 5% off
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

maadbeats wrote:Does Dain have a website or an email? Been trying to track it down so i can get him to do me a commission piece
i can get some contact info from him tomorrow when i see him.
maadbeats
Posse

Post by maadbeats »

DZEL wrote: i can get some contact info from him tomorrow when i see him.
Thanks a million. Been searching for a couple monthes. All I ever see is the sold out stuff on Lint and the prints on perscription. I want original work.
MY WEB GALLERY:
http://www.provocativeartwork.bigcartel.com
use promo code: GIANTFORUMMEMBER for 5% off
VisualPollution
Swindler

Post by VisualPollution »

this is the best marketing strategy ever: just get half a dozen people to say these words...

"I'm sure it'll seem very cheap in 6 months' time."

:roll:

I wish more people would say the realistic version:
"I'm sure it will seem exorbitant in 6 years time"

:lol:
password
Giant

Post by password »

Yeah, pricing seems very off to me. $200 for a screenprint on paper in a edition of 50 or $400 for a 2'x2' original on wood?
J
Punk

Post by J »

Who knows if the $400 days are already over anyhow.

Like anything else, though, I can't ever bring myself to pay a ton more than I did in the past.

Prints are nice, but I was expecting $150 at most and already have a TV Boy.
sabeth
Giant

Post by sabeth »

it probably doesn't "feel" like that much to UK buyers, but with the exchange rate being what it is this is too expensive. and i don't buy the argument that it's an original. it's a handmade print done by the artist himself, as they should be. using different colors with the same screens does not an original make.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

VisualPollution wrote:this is the best marketing strategy ever: just get half a dozen people to say these words...

"I'm sure it'll seem very cheap in 6 months' time."

:roll:

I wish more people would say the realistic version:
"I'm sure it will seem exorbitant in 6 years time"

:lol:
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, and maybe I am biased because this is the first new artist I have actually liked in a while, but isn't this the same treatment given to just about ever "darling" artist of this board? I mean, no offense, but you could not pay me to put a Mear One on my wall. I can't stand his stuff. But that is just me. And yet everyone is talking about how lucky they are to get that print for $150. For that matter how many times do we hear that an Obey print will go over 2k, only to peter out at half that. This whole art thing is a hype machine.

Beyond that, I am in agreement with a lot of you that in comparison to the last group of originals that sold, the price does seem a little off. Of course I am not aware of what the new pricing structure is, and how quickly they are selling.

I realize I am totally overreacting, but what can you do. :lol:
No personal offense to you VisualPollution.

The saddest thing to me is that if you took that same print, and signed it Bast at the bottom, it would have been sold out before it hit this board. And everyone would be talking about how great a deal they got on it.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

The saddest thing to me is that if you took that same print, and signed it Bast at the bottom, it would have been sold out before it hit this board. And everyone would be talking about how great a deal they got on it.
Anybody that has spent even a small amount of time "studying" Bast's work wouldnt go for it, not even close.
"Think about it: Andre drank 119 beers in six hours. Thats a beer every three minutes, non-stop. That's beyond epic. It's beyond the ken of mortal men. It's god-like."
-Modern Drunkard Magazine Sept/ Oct 2006