Damaged - New Works

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Re: Damaged - New Works

Post by Molotov Man »

Was amazing. Such a monster event. Was sad to see so many people still in line around 9:15 when I left. It was still like 4-5 blocks long!

Not sure the solution about people getting in and long lines but had to be many lessons learned on this one.

Nice to finally meet a few ppl from the board.

I have lots of photos, will be posting some on our IG.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Great pics! Thanks EC!

sucks that the wait was so long. I would not have the patience.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

rlbchef wrote:Great pics! Thanks EC!

sucks that the wait was so long. I would not have the patience.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Thanks for the photos! I plan on driving out in a few weeks to see it.
ryefish75
Punk

Post by ryefish75 »

Wow. Glad I bailed. Narrowly missed a pretty bad car crash on Spring Street, hope the injuries weren't serious. I figured if they were requiring RSVPs, they'd have the courtesy to not grossly over issue said RSVPs- why even bother . I also expected that the Billy Idol/Morrissey concert would draw off some of the crowd. I figured wrong.
Caught the Audrey Kawasaki show instead.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

I showed up at 5 (had tickets to get in at 6 for the private reception). There was already a line for general admission when I showed up. Security was definitely scrambling because of the whole fire marshal thing (they almost shut down the whole show from what I heard).

Got into the gallery around 6:30. Lots of celebs (LL Cool J, Terry Crews, Flava Flav, Perry Farrell)/other artists (D*Face, Ron English, Slick). I met Shep's brother in law, John Tracy, and Jon Furlong. It was pretty crazy.

He had a set of 8 signed lithographs for sale (the same ones he was giving away). The giveaways were only one per person. Then he had 3 new prints. He was also selling the new print and letterpress he just released. There were also a few t-shirts, a few records, and some other letterpresses that were being made at the show. These guys had a really cool vintage heidelberg press setup.

When I left at 9:30 the line to get in was seriously about a mile long. I think they had stopped letting people into the main gallery at 9. There was a main section with the larger pieces and then a smaller section with the sculptures where they were selling the prints. After I had walked through the main section they wouldn't let me back in (that was around 7:30).

I have some pictures up on my insta @joecdesign (I didn't take too many pictures)
DangerousBri
Swindler

Post by DangerousBri »

Show is Wednesday to Sunday 11-6
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

ryefish75 wrote:Narrowly missed a pretty bad car crash on Spring Street
Buddy of mine witnessed that. Probably didn't soothe the fire marshal's nerves any...
Propaganda Engineer

Post by eargasm »

Bummed that we didn't get in! We were at DesignerCon during the day and by the time we arrived, getting in was an impossible task. I hope to get out there to LA again sometime in the next few weeks to check it out!
** GET UP GALLERY ** (Owner/Curator)
** DRYMOUNTED PRINT RELEASES ** (Owner)
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

just one question. Where was the after party?
spent many of Saturday night in that area around 90-93
so many cool warehouses to spend all night in that is ...until the fire marshall came in.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Yeah, no mention of after party. Had to be one, right? The one at the mayday show was good times
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Set of 8 signed offsets that were offered at the show up now!

https://store.obeygiant.com/collections ... -print-set
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Got a set. It helped to reduduce the sting of not scoring the KAWS/Jordan earlier.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

I love surprise drops. Would love if they did them more often. Seems only way I score
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Didn't realise a lot of the freebies from the Damaged show are letterpresses.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

I was there yesterday, what a great show! It never gets old seeing the originals over their print counterparts. Very glad we went out there.

The freebies for us were the printing press offset and the newspaper. I picked up a Riot Cop print.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Gigantico wrote:I was there yesterday, what a great show! It never gets old seeing the originals over their print counterparts. Very glad we went out there.

The freebies for us were the printing press offset and the newspaper. I picked up a Riot Cop print.
Riot Cop print? Cool! Any pics?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

spagucci1 wrote:
Gigantico wrote:I was there yesterday, what a great show! It never gets old seeing the originals over their print counterparts. Very glad we went out there.

Honestly I missed that it even existed, was really thinking about getting the vinyl until I saw the print.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/250696
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Gigantico wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:

Honestly I missed that it even existed, was really thinking about getting the vinyl until I saw the print.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/250696
Well garbage, my girl bought this by accident. Looks like it was a happy one!
on point like a decimalist?
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

My offset set came in today. It is from an edition on 400. Didnt realize that they were going to be from a numbered edition.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

spagucci1 wrote:My offset set came in today. It is from an edition on 400. Didnt realize that they were going to be from a numbered edition.
I wonder if that's just for the one's he sold online ... the set of 8 I picked up from the show are just signed
frog
Punk

Post by frog »

I was surprised as well. When they were on sale it just said they were signed offsets from the show. Now on the 12th it says he is releasing the set of numbers prints for the same price. I wonder how many of those are even left. Did the new intern mess up again and send signed and numbers prints out instead of just the signed ones?
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

frog wrote:I was surprised as well. When they were on sale it just said they were signed offsets from the show. Now on the 12th it says he is releasing the set of numbers prints for the same price. I wonder how many of those are even left. Did the new intern mess up again and send signed and numbers prints out instead of just the signed ones?
Are the ones you got on white or cream paper? The set sold on Tuesday will be on cream paper.
I think the set from the show is on white.
frog
Punk

Post by frog »

PDC wrote:
frog wrote:I was surprised as well. When they were on sale it just said they were signed offsets from the show. Now on the 12th it says he is releasing the set of numbers prints for the same price. I wonder how many of those are even left. Did the new intern mess up again and send signed and numbers prints out instead of just the signed ones?
Are the ones you got on white or cream paper? The set sold on Tuesday will be on cream paper.
Just took a quick peak at them. Seem like they are on a heavy whit stock. Almost heavier then the normal cream stock.
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

PDC wrote:
My numbered set is on the traditional thick cream paper stock.