Toyroom Gallery show

Classified ads for those selling merchandise on external sites.
djsp
Giant

Toyroom Gallery show

Post by djsp »

Soooooo..... I live in Sacramento, and I happen to know one of the owners of the Toyroom gallery. While it hasn't been officially announced yet, I know there is a show coming up in September sometime, that will be all Obey works. I have seen a bunch of the stuff, and I know there will be album covers, metals (older ones), a couple of woods, and a ton of prints. Anyway, I don't know what the details are, but I would contact them at their site. I know that they generally do a list, but I do't know all the particulars. If you live in the area though, sometimes in person buyers get preference, but like I said, I don't know what the deal is on this show, as I am sure there will be a lot of interest. Anyway, this is my payback for all the heads ups about gallery shows that you guys offer up. Hope it works out for everyone.
mikep
Swindler

Post by mikep »

thanks for the heads-up! i'm in sf, but have been to the shop a few times. it's a cool place!
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

mikep wrote:thanks for the heads-up! i'm in sf, but have been to the shop a few times. it's a cool place!
No problem, glad to give back to the board. I actually saw my first Obey show there, like 5 years ago, back when they had their gallery in a garage. If I knew then what I knew now, I would have take out a loan and bought up the show. :lol:
toyroom
Giant

Post by toyroom »

Yes there will be a Shepard Fairey show ("One Man Army") at Toyroom, opening on Sept 15. We'll have a huge selection of prints new and old as well as several metals, album covers, decks, dunnys, and some woods, HPM's, etc. I don't have an inventory list yet, but I'll put up a link on the Toyroom's web site when we get closer to the show date. To insure your name will get on the list you'll have to e-mail mail@toyroomgallery.com only. People who come to the show will have first crack at what's there and then after the opening whatever is still available will be up for grabs as per the list. Sorry for this but we're giving the Sacramento and vicinity first chance at some of this stuff, (our way of giving back to the community) hope you understand. This is a Toyroom show so please don't PM me to get on the list, I do welcome PM's if you have some questions that are not answered.

Thanx, John & Criag

Toyroom
907 "K" Street
Sacramento, Ca. 95814
(916) 446-1400 gallery/store

http://www.toyroomgallery.com/
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Hey John,

Thanks for the clarification. Hope I didn't steal your thunder. Just wanted to get the word out. The more the merrier, right? :lol:
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Toyroom Show

FYI for those in Nor Cal. Exact dates posted.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

Nice!
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Dang it! I just realized that I'll be at the Monolith Festival at Red Rocks the same weekend as the opening reception. :evil:
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Reverend ToneZone wrote:Dang it! I just realized that I'll be at the Monolith Festival at Red Rocks the same weekend as the opening reception. :evil:
I'll be home that weekend so if you are up for a drink, i'm buying :D
PM me if you will have time in Denver.

Peace

MM
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Molotov Man wrote:
Reverend ToneZone wrote:Dang it! I just realized that I'll be at the Monolith Festival at Red Rocks the same weekend as the opening reception. :evil:

Peace

MM
PM'd!

djayresq
Propaganda Engineer

Post by djayresq »

Reverend ToneZone wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:

Peace

MM
PM'd!
Wish i was going! :cry: :D I love Beer! :D
How will we ever know how to get up, If we don't know how to get down!
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Wish i was going! I love Beer!
Don't worry, i'm not planning on moving anytime soon so if you are ever out here, first round is on me!!

Peace

MM
outeredgestudio
Giant

Post by outeredgestudio »

anybody from thegiant.org going to attend this show?

Who's going?
David Choe prints http://outeredgestudio.com
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

I would love to attend...but I live in New Hampshire :?
mikep
Swindler

Post by mikep »

I'm gonna go! I'm gonna try to make it up on Friday night, otherwise I'll definitely be there on Saturday...
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

I'm going Friday for sure. Will I be able to meet the legendary Andrew Jackson if I do? :)
TheDon
Swindler

Post by TheDon »

I will be there fri and sat
we are the followers of jimmy jones cutting in the koolaid line
Big Daddy
Punk

Post by Big Daddy »

This show is going to be incredible. This will be THE show in Northern California. From what I hear it will be packed with prints, metal prints and the collage prints. For me as a fairly new Shepard fan, it will be a great opportunity to get a good look at his body of work. Hope to see some "board" members there!
TheDon
Swindler

Post by TheDon »

well i know friday night ill be sporting my obey fiend club shirt that plus im huge so you'll know who i am
we are the followers of jimmy jones cutting in the koolaid line
rhinomilk
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rhinomilk »

sweet.. i forgot about this. i'll try and brave the sucka$$ sacramento traffic and make it! wish i read this thread earlier to see there's actually going to be stuff for sale so i could save up :?
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Nice to see there is some Obey love in Nor Cal. I'll be there Friday. I'll be the guy with no money left. :lol:
noetic
Giant

Post by noetic »

did you guys get the preview e-mail? im curious as to how some have sold already if they werent selling till the show opens
I Rock The Mic Like It's My Last Chance To Breathe
Display A Level Of Skill You Could Only Hope To Achieve
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

noetic wrote:did you guys get the preview e-mail? im curious as to how some have sold already if they werent selling till the show opens
yea I got it, wish this were cheaper, ive never seen one of these before!
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

baxterpop wrote:
noetic wrote:did you guys get the preview e-mail? im curious as to how some have sold already if they werent selling till the show opens
yea I got it, wish this were cheaper, ive never seen one of these before!
That actually sat on the OG site for long time before selling out.

It would look great next to a Vicious Sub Version Red
Last edited by cybernigel on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

*edit*
Just got it.
Last edited by PDC on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.