New Print: Hostile Takeover OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
bleuachdu
Posse

Post by bleuachdu »

As for methods, I always load the page once and wait for it to either come up or time out. I get the prints I want about 50% of the time
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

Molotov Man wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:it would be interesting to see those who got in, what technique they used. I just was patient and allowed each page to load and got it.. I havent done the cut and paste follow the links action and simply waiting has worked...
I had like 4 different screens up and whichever one came up i used that for the next step. Have no idea how it happened but they were in my cart and ended up getting the Red :?
i usually have each step bookmarked in firefox, and keep 3 tabs constantly refreshing
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
messboogs
Propaganda Engineer

Post by messboogs »

TheOmethod wrote:it would be interesting to see those who got in, what technique they used. I just was patient and allowed each page to load and got it.. I havent done the cut and paste follow the links action and simply waiting has worked...
and then what happened when you got Ze ZenCart? The reason I used to use the links was b/c of that. This week, no ZenCart, just eff you I give up messages that didn't blow out your address and prevent you from hitting refresh.
[DeVo]
Swindler

Post by [DeVo] »

You know, i'm really for upping the price some. I know we've talk about this a bunch of times, but I really think $20 or $30 more isn't going to break the bank for true fans, but it *should* deter flippers as their margin gets thinner. I don't see the post purchase market prices getting higher if the primary market price goes up.

Just a thought though...
rollcameraandaction
Giant

Post by rollcameraandaction »

electrachrome wrote:
TBlaze wrote:
ritedere wrote:Those without e-mail confirmations from obey, log into your account. I didnt get one either and fribhey point this out

http://www.obeygiant.com/store/index.ph ... page=login

My order for both shows up with an order #
I just logged in and I see someone else name in there as well, but I also see my order....?

Anna Sossa anyone in here?
I think that happened last week to some people as well
thats freakin weird...so who did OG send the prints to?

does anyone think OG even pays attention to that login stuff anymore since it does not even require us to log in?

it really depends on what computer you are on and if someone was logged into that computer before they took off the login feature (so their name stays logged in)...unless someone knows how to log off.
"Be disciplined in your life so you can be violent and original in your art."
byrnexxx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by byrnexxx »

At least the login mixup didn't happen to me this time.. 3 people's orders incorrectly were posted to my obey account -I got their order confirms, they got my info. I was only charged for my order. I only received my order in the end. No idea what how it happened but it didn't mess me up at all. Just minor annoyance.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

ritedere wrote:Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

No e-mail from Obey yet, but paypal confirmation sent, does this mean I'm good?

I'm guessing this message is the reason I didnt get an email from obey.....
\
SAME HERE::::: AS OF OG::

Order Date: Tuesday 08 May, 2007
Order Information - Order #2042

BOTH PRINTS!!!
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

Reverend ToneZone wrote:
Inthegarage wrote:I still don't understand the $14 shipping charage...I live no more then 2 hours away from where it is shipped.
Seriously! The shipping charges change for me every week and I only live like 20 miles away!
Yeah, last time it was $12.50 for two prints for me..
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

byrnexxx wrote:At least the login mixup didn't happen to me this time.. 3 people's orders incorrectly were posted to my obey account -I got their order confirms, they got my info. I was only charged for my order. I only received my order in the end. No idea what how it happened but it didn't mess me up at all. Just minor annoyance.
I know! Last week I tried to buy a print from OG and their crazy interweb sent me somebody else's tax return.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
Claw Hammer
Posse

Post by Claw Hammer »

This is the first time I tried getting a print with the new system are there still refunds sometimes even if you get a confirmation?
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

Claw Hammer wrote:This is the first time I tried getting a print with the new system are there still refunds sometimes even if you get a confirmation?
unfortunately, yes. people still get refunds. its lame
it seems to me that to call an achieved work 'good art' and an unachieved work 'bad art,' is like calling one color 'good red' and another 'bad red' when the second one is green.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

bleuachdu wrote:
hows your edge wrote:^^ how do you determine hops again?
tracert

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/tracert.c ... ygiant.com
WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS STUFF MEAN?? LOL!
!embrace¡
Propaganda Engineer

Post by !embrace¡ »

did anyone else notice that OG disabled their flash for the release?
they call me the hiphopopotomous. my rhymes are bottomless......
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

!embrace¡ wrote:did anyone else notice that OG disabled their flash for the release?
My computer at work doesnt even have flash installed on it..dont know if that has been helping me scoop up these prints;
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

!embrace¡ wrote:did anyone else notice that OG disabled their flash for the release?
Hmmm, I saw the flash nav working on the product page when I added them to my cart.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
carbomb
Swindler

Post by carbomb »

It was such a relief today to not have to deal with the Tuesday craziness. Like being on vacation.
Crisis Project
"stay together, and keep quiet"
http://www.crisisproject.com
creestofer
Propaganda Engineer

Post by creestofer »

Karbaum wrote:It was such a relief today to not have to deal with the Tuesday craziness. Like being on vacation.
this tuesday craziness is actually a vacation from the rest of my chaotic week.
holycrapstick
Swindler

Post by holycrapstick »

creestofer wrote: this tuesday craziness is actually a vacation from the rest of my chaotic week.
I'm right there with ya on that, it actually helps me relieve some of the stress I have going on with work.
TheDon
Swindler

Post by TheDon »

2019 blizack woohooo I dont need to know my father
we are the followers of jimmy jones cutting in the koolaid line
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

creestofer wrote:
Karbaum wrote:It was such a relief today to not have to deal with the Tuesday craziness. Like being on vacation.
this tuesday craziness is actually a vacation from the rest of my chaotic week.
It is....I break my week apart based on OG releases LOL! Mondays I look forward to Tuesday. After the Tuesday release its lunch then before I realizeit, its already Hump day. Thursday and Friday are spent awaiting the print. Gives me something else to pay attention to beside work, work, work all day.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

TheDon wrote:2019 blizack woohooo I dont need to know my father
Whoever he is, Im sure he's proud of your accomplishment today!
fishmansvacuum
Posse

Post by fishmansvacuum »

bleuachdu wrote:As for methods, I always load the page once and wait for it to either come up or time out. I get the prints I want about 50% of the time
this is my tactic too....got me both prints today, both "seals," both WBN, and Tools of The Trade
My Daily Music Review Blog: http://thedailyguru.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beans! : http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=5166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins
vorphilack
Punk

Post by vorphilack »

as a bench mark I order a pack of stickers before the madness of the release to check the numbering system on the orders.

My order number was #2007 (for stickers before the release today)

It appears that order numbers are not re-used and only go upward in counting order. Maybe I will get my prints # even if my number is high @ #2331
shakedown.uk
Punk

Post by shakedown.uk »

Getting shut out 2 weeks in a row is REALLY annoying...
JPMWLLT
Swindler

Post by JPMWLLT »

shakedown.uk wrote:Getting shut out 2 weeks in a row is REALLY annoying...
You saying you really wanted this particular print that bad? or is it the thrill of the hunt?