Some new prints are SOLD OUT already.

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Bonesy
Giant

Post by Bonesy »

henna wrote:
McKenna wrote:
noverflow wrote:I would like to say I am impressed in the swift refunds. That's awesome.

Yeah, the new Obey is really encouraging. I feel a lot more confident ordering from them now!

I never actually lost confidence in their business. They had an isolated issue and we're seeing it being resolved. I never thought of them as having any sort of operational flaw that was built into their policies.

Totally agree, it was really only for a few months that the ball was dropped. And even durring those Summer months I kept placing orders knowing that things would work out.
NH DOOD
Punk

Post by NH DOOD »

got my 3 prints from DW today: Big Brother, Obey Stamp, and Bayonetts.
They look unbelievable, I am quickly running out of wallspace 8)

Wanted to once thank Jerry for his superb work in getting these out the door. I ordered late Friday night and they made it to me here in NH today. Great Service from Ducky Waddles once again!
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

I just got my prints from ducky as well... hes a pro
on the other hand also got my prints from Obeygiant.... polar oposite
i just recieved trash... woohoo
They need new tubes thats all thee is to it
Jason Filipow
JRF

Post by Jason Filipow »

TinManOne wrote:I just got my prints from ducky as well... hes a pro
on the other hand also got my prints from Obeygiant.... polar oposite
i just recieved trash... woohoo
They need new tubes thats all thee is to it

What does Ducky charge for a print? What does Obey Giant charge for that same print? Perhaps Ducky is using that few extra dollars to ship in stronger tubes or pack more carefully...maybe not? After all, UPS is the one damaging prints, not Obey Giant.

And here I thought you guys would be fiending me to tell you when the next print will be going up on the site.....guess NOT. hhehehhe
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Of coarse we want to know 8)
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

Actually duckey charged me the same within a few bucks for the same prints
I think everyone would agree... i would be glad to spend a dollar or two extra to ensure that the product i am buying is still intact when i recieve it
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

that's true... UPS is to blame...
but I also think that if it is a problem that has been known to happen and especially with the type of product be shipped (limited ed. prints that can not be replaced)... that maybe an alternative would be explored.
pogue79
Posse

Post by pogue79 »

I just got an order from Ducky that was crushed a bit...left some creases in the prints. I think it's just luck of the draw....mail companies just suck.
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

Yeah... maybe thats true...
I just know as far shipping companies go... UPS is batting 1000 with me right now.
I just wish OBEYgiant would ship in alittle thicker tubes ... either that or ship with priority.
But in all fairness... i dont have to ship 1000 prints at once
so Im off my soap box now.. :roll:
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Shep told me that people are not willing to pay for a stronger tube. I did a poll... and only about half would be willing to pay for it.

TinManOne wrote:Yeah... maybe thats true...
I just know as far shipping companies go... UPS is batting 1000 with me right now.
I just wish OBEYgiant would ship in alittle thicker tubes ... either that or ship with priority.
But in all fairness... i dont have to ship 1000 prints at once
so Im off my soap box now.. :roll:
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

WOW... really
haha
Well... I guess its just me...
Its cool though... do you think they would be willing to ship with... say priority if specified in the order?
Mike Panic
Giant

Post by Mike Panic »

it costs $4.55 to ship usps w/ delivery confirmation and insurance to anywhere in the lower 48 (for the triangles) - usps gives a free triangle.

obeygiant.com charges $7.50 for shipping... wholesale tubes are not that spendy, say $2.50ea - so if they use the same tubes they do now and put that in the free triangle - it would be a total of $7.05 invested, making 45c "profit" for the time it takes to roll and package the prints

the downside is that it is not live trackable like ups

the upside is that all deliveries in the lower 48 happen in 2-3 days
Mike Panic photography & travel journal
GO! Tattoo Removal Eastern PA Laser Tattoo Removal
speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

the thing is.. people are not going to stop buying sheps prints if he chages more for shipping... like ive said before..

ill pay upto 10 bucks for shipping...

thats not that much, when you consider the actual shipping cost is like 6.25, then add the cost of a tube, and someone's time.. id pay that, easy, id say even 12 bucks.

but i dont ever want to pay even 25 cents to ship the second, print... it sould be upto 4 prints for the same shipping charge... and put them in some awsome tubes...

it doesnt take any extra time or effort to ship 4 prints compared to shipping 1 print....

the whole 7 bucks for the first, and 5 bucks each print after is crapola
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

not to mention the fact that now days... if your print shows up trashed...
theres no way of getting another one...
bye that time ...its sold out
noverflow
I think I started this

Post by noverflow »

Seriously... This has to be the Nth time I have said this.

The price of shipping is not just that. Consider it part of the price. The problem is that people call him a selllout if he raises his prices, as if he is trying to make a bundle of selling $30 prints.

The price for shipping, I consider, and truthfully believe it is, part of the cost of the print. It is a way to make up for inflation while keeping the print at "$30"
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
pogue79
Posse

Post by pogue79 »

I don't mind paying the extra for shipping...all my orders from obey have arrived in perfect condition. It's the $30 customs fee for crossing the border into Canada that suck for me.
TinManOne
Giant

Post by TinManOne »

I would never see an artist that has to up the price of his work to make sure his work gets to his fans in one piece... "selling out"
especially to those who have no prob paying a few bucks more for that.
I think the 50% of those who dont want to pay alittle more are the same 50% who have never had a prob.

I do see how some people that arnt interested in the art of it may see it that way though... like its a stock or any other investment.

The fact of it is... is that it is an investment... to allot of band wagoners
like it or not.... it is what it is
ca77
Giant

Post by ca77 »

blabla so ANYWAY remember when someone found out that UPS gives out free triangle tubes? where is the problem
speedoguy
Banana Hammock Connoisseur
Location: where the earth shakes, and its filled with high crime rates.

Post by speedoguy »

i know what you mean noverflow...

but 30 bucks is still one heck of a steal for a print, ive been expecting an increase for a while now...

not looking forward to it, just expecting it...
Perplexed
Punk

Post by Perplexed »

noverflow wrote:Seriously... This has to be the Nth time I have said this.

The price of shipping is not just that. Consider it part of the price. The problem is that people call him a selllout if he raises his prices, as if he is trying to make a bundle of selling $30 prints.

The price for shipping, I consider, and truthfully believe it is, part of the cost of the print. It is a way to make up for inflation while keeping the print at "$30"

I'd say put the prices up, get the prints out safely and let some people call him a sellout -- they're clearly idiots who wanna try getting that quality art for that price elsewhere and see how they get on.
McKenna
World's Smallest Giant

Post by McKenna »

Jason Filipow wrote:What does Ducky charge for a print? What does Obey Giant charge for that same print?

In fairness Ducky charges the same as Obey while the print is in stock and his shipping is a lot cheaper than Obey when shipping internationally ($20 as opposed to almost $40 from Obey).
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

NH DOOD wrote:got my 3 prints from DW today: Big Brother, Obey Stamp, and Bayonetts.
They look unbelievable, I am quickly running out of wallspace 8)

Wanted to once thank Jerry for his superb work in getting these out the door. I ordered late Friday night and they made it to me here in NH today. Great Service from Ducky Waddles once again!

I reside in Amherst, New Hampshire when not in the internets myself...what town you from?
brintoul
Giant

Post by brintoul »

pogue79 wrote:I just got an order from Ducky that was crushed a bit...left some creases in the prints. I think it's just luck of the draw....mail companies just suck.

Move to San Diego - I've yet to receive a crushed print! UPS simply doesn't have the package long enuff...
eo151
Punk

Post by eo151 »

Well, to add my 2 cents and my shipping info, I received my prints in excellent condition. I started to panic a bit when I read others were receiving crushed prints. When I opened the tube, i did notice the inner wrapping paper was crushed on both ends about a quarter inch, but after unrolling everything, the prints were fine.

To help differencate though, I did order several of the new prints (singles of 3 of the 4, --Im not an ebayer hog) and a 24x36 Lesser Gods, so they may have used a different size tube because of this. The upside is they rolled the 18x24's centered in the 24x36, so at worst if UPS thrashed the tube ends, only the offset print would have been damaged. It was unintentional, but the $25 offset acted like crush insurance.

Also to cast my vote, I would definitely be willing to pay more for bomb-proof packaging and even insurance, if the option was available. Even if they just always used oversized tubes with and inch+ of extra print wrapping on each side to help protect the prints would be nice. Even prior to the crushing posts, i was worried UPS would leave the tube at my door on a day where we were having lots of rain.
robotoil
Giant

Posters from DW.

Post by robotoil »

Well, I have to say that I did receive a damaged poster from DW once. Are you all ready to cry? If was the $600 1996 Bomb that he has the pic on his site. The tube was crushed bad. Creases and paint missing from the print. The tube was weak. DW gladly accepted the poster back and refunded my $$$. But to lose a poster that rare to the post. Well that is sad. I personally double pack everything I ship.