New Print: "Presidential Seal" ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

you get what you paid for them unless you pack them in a papertowel tube and send them to your friend and insure them for what they are going for on ebay, then you might have a chance at getting what they were really worth, which at this point looks like they are worth at least $125 each mint, but even then you have to wait three months before they even attempt to give you a refund, im still waiting for a refund on a claim I placed at the END OF JANUARY!
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

baxterpop wrote:you get what you paid for them unless you pack them in a papertowel tube and send them to your friend and insure them for what they are going for on ebay, then you might have a chance at getting what they were really worth, which at this point looks like they are worth at least $125 each mint, but even then you have to wait three months before they even attempt to give you a refund, im still waiting for a refund on a claim I placed at the END OF JANUARY!
Bummer, it's barely worth the effort of getting the refund in that case. I can't even replace one of these with what I will get back from my claim.
chief510
Punk

Post by chief510 »

got a black seal coming in the mail. Never got a confirmation from og, or ever reached the last step review page during ordering.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

chief510 wrote:got a black seal coming in the mail. Never got a confirmation from og, or ever reached the last step review page during ordering.
That makes no sense. Pretty cool none the less.
Thwap
Punk

Post by Thwap »

durn PDC, that sucks, I'm sorry. So what are you gonna do? You just gonna go for the refund from Obey?
jahills
Punk

Post by jahills »

Man, sorry about that PDC. That scares the hell out me! I have had some problems with UPS but not from OG yet.......luckily.

On a side note. Is it common to get matching numbers?
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

PDC wrote:
baxterpop wrote:you get what you paid for them unless you pack them in a papertowel tube and send them to your friend and insure them for what they are going for on ebay, then you might have a chance at getting what they were really worth, which at this point looks like they are worth at least $125 each mint, but even then you have to wait three months before they even attempt to give you a refund, im still waiting for a refund on a claim I placed at the END OF JANUARY!
Bummer, it's barely worth the effort of getting the refund in that case. I can't even replace one of these with what I will get back from my claim.
I would just sell them as a damaged set on ebay, you'll probably be able to get what you paid for them at least, sucks, and is so frustrating!
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

Thwap wrote:durn PDC, that sucks, I'm sorry. So what are you gonna do? You just gonna go for the refund from Obey?
Thanks.
I filed a claim through UPS and sent some photos to Obey to show them examples since they'll be notified of the claim through UPS. When you file a claim they contact the shipper. I'm pretty sure they'll send OG the money then OG refunds me.

I also did a trade with another member recently. He sent his print via USPS and I sent mine through UPS. His arrived to me in perfect condition. The print I sent him was crushed by UPS. He sent me the photos and the results were pretty bad.

Needless to say, I use USPS now w/ insurance.
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

jahills wrote:Man, sorry about that PDC. That scares the hell out me! I have had some problems with UPS but not from OG yet.......luckily.

On a side note. Is it common to get matching numbers?
Thanks.
I didn't get matching numbers with my War By Numbers prints. I like that they are trying to match them up. Now only if they would arrive intact.
mrxscarface28
Giant

Post by mrxscarface28 »

I got matching Seals
"We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth."

- John F. Kennedy
PDC
Giant

Post by PDC »

baxterpop wrote:
PDC wrote:
I would just sell them as a damaged set on ebay, you'll probably be able to get what you paid for them at least, sucks, and is so frustrating!
I may have a buyer already. Either that or I'll get my iron and markers out and touch those suckers up. At lease they will look ok in a frame from several feet away.
influence
Giant

Post by influence »

chief510 wrote:got a black seal coming in the mail. Never got a confirmation from og, or ever reached the last step review page during ordering.
Did you pay? LOL.
chief510
Punk

Post by chief510 »

I got to the paypal screen, clicked the confirm button, but never got transfered back to the obey site. Site kept crashing, and you cannot reload the paypal page without an error. I would start all over, refreshing the shopping cart, but couldn't get past paypal.
Typhoon
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Typhoon »

chief510 wrote:I got to the paypal screen, clicked the confirm button, but never got transfered back to the obey site. Site kept crashing, and you cannot reload the paypal page without an error. I would start all over, refreshing the shopping cart, but couldn't get past paypal.
Exact thing happened to me, but with both red and green in my cart. I kind of got back to OG. I got a screen that just said "Processing" in the top left corner of the screen. That's where it froze. Got back to my cart in another browser window, both still in there but crashed everytime I tried to get back from paypal. First the red sold out while in my cart then the black.

How do you know there's one in the mail on its way to you?
"If you can't laugh at yourself, Make fun of other people." Bobby Slayton

"Hey your dreams and all you work for is a joke." Baxterpoop

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=9037
jfevre
Swindler

Post by jfevre »

You should get a email from Obey Giant and Quantumview saying that they are shipping one out to you and they give you a nice little tracking number.
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

PDC wrote:
PDC wrote:Just got my prints! They look great. I love the extra care Shepard is putting into the distressed look of these. They look really unique.
Well, let's look on the bright side for the collectors, it's now a run of 298.
Bummer, these are matching prints also. 182/300. Gotta hand it to OG for matching prints at least.
Man that really sucks! I stopped using UPS because they are the only shipping company that has ever destroyed my packages. They're just crepe! I wish OG would use USPS instead.
hillsj2001
Punk

Post by hillsj2001 »

[/quote]Man that really sucks! I stopped using UPS because they are the only shipping company that has ever destroyed my packages. They're just crepe! I wish OG would use USPS instead.[/quote]

if i had a dollar for everytime i have heard this on this site :lol:
MrMurk

Post by MrMurk »

So a funny thing just happened. I had sent a email to Obey asking them if my second order for the Red Seal went through because it was charged to PayPal but I never recieved the OG confirmation.

OG sent me an email about an hour ago informing me that I didnt score the Red Seal. Well, UPS showed up an hour after that email and sure enough, matching Red Seal and Black Seal prints in the tube. Things must have gone wacky over there and they lost track of confirmations or something. Im not complaining though!

*I paid for both but only recieved confirmation for the Black from OG.
Last edited by MrMurk on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackheart
Giant

Post by blackheart »

free prints are nice!!!!
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine.........the rest i wasted!!
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

just got mine, one end cap missing, retaped and bent to hell! NO!!!!! So much effort in trying to get one then it arrives bent, dangit!
jimmy4wmu
Posse

Post by jimmy4wmu »

baxterpop wrote:just got mine, one end cap missing, retaped and bent to hell! NO!!!!! So much effort in trying to get one then it arrives bent, dangit!
That Sucks, maybe it's karma for dissing on Obey so much this week.
At least you got yours, ups still claims Peace Tree was delivered on my front porch, I live around all retirees and no one around here knows I collect these. My guess is some random shade-ball saw it get dropped off and quickly got out of there with the tube, because i was home 35 minutes after the supposed delivery.