New Print: "Presidential Seal" ANTICIPATION THREAD

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

submit wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/SHEPARD-FAIREY-OBEY ... dZViewItem

new record???? what an assneck!
Wow very fast, sadly I'm impressed with his quickness.

*sigh* if only Obey was that fast ;)
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
hows your edge
Punk

Post by hows your edge »

^^ he is a back country hick, afterall
DZEL
Giant

Post by DZEL »

wow.
i'm shocked!
Last edited by DZEL on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7.guys.named.bruce
Swindler

Post by 7.guys.named.bruce »

Backpackpunk wrote:

I'm just glad I missed out so someone who really appreciates Sheps art could get one . Oh well, going to the movies so I can cry in my popcorn :oops:
JohnnyKO
Swindler

Post by JohnnyKO »

After going through all of the steps required at least once (and some many times), I clicked on the "Confirm Order" button on OG but never got to a confirmation page. Then, after everything was sold out, I got a PayPal confirm e-mail for one order containing 1 black and 1 red, but no e-mail from OG yet. However the order shows up in "My Account" on OG, order # 1202.

I guess we'll see whether I get these prints or a refund. It seems to me that if they could just cut down on the number of steps required (1-Add to cart, 2-Go to Zen/Paypal, 3-Sign in to Zen/Paypal, 4-Review Payment, 5-Submit Payment, 6-Confirm order on OG), it would have a significant impact on server/database traffic, and could improve the whole OG buying experience. If they could modify the process to eliminate the "Confirm Order" step on OG, that would potentially reduce traffic by 17%.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

jfevre wrote:My last successful print was chuck D
durn that sucks!
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

fishmansvacuum wrote:
Thwap wrote:
fishmansvacuum wrote:
Thwap wrote:so I got my confirm for the Black, but not the red........ I smell a refund :(
still NO emails for me...i smell a fat refund...have since the paypal went through....
Yeah but your order number is before mine. You should have gotten it.

we shall see....
I got a war by numbers without having it in my account or getting the obeygiant email. So you never know.
fishmansvacuum
Posse

Post by fishmansvacuum »

over an hour since my paypal email came through....STILL no OG email...
My Daily Music Review Blog: http://thedailyguru.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beans! : http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=5166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Intellectual pursuits for a lot of people are a luxury they can't afford, hence the popularity of mediocre everything." -Henry Rollins
Thwap
Punk

Post by Thwap »

fishmansvacuum wrote:over an hour since my paypal email came through....STILL no OG email...
I'm still waiting for my red...
TheDon
Swindler

Post by TheDon »

1032 woohoo finally
we are the followers of jimmy jones cutting in the koolaid line
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

this is crazy I was at work trying to get it but it wouldnt go through so I gave up, I just checked my email boyah confirmation 1023, hopefully I dont get refunded.
electrachrome
Posse

Post by electrachrome »

Herr_E wrote:question about the shipping fees.

the system charges everytime a different price
for the shipping to germany.
$48, $39.60 and today $34.60.
the price from usps is everytime $21

any ideas?
had someone the same "funny" pricing?

peace
different exchange rates VS. the dollar maybe?
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

electrachrome wrote:
Herr_E wrote:question about the shipping fees.

the system charges everytime a different price
for the shipping to germany.
$48, $39.60 and today $34.60.
the price from usps is everytime $21

any ideas?
had someone the same "funny" pricing?

peace
different exchange rates VS. the dollar maybe?
I would concur. Sadly for us Americans, it is a downward trend. :(
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Post by catch23 »

Just got back from Best Buy. I'm glad I did'nt waste more than 30 minutes on this print. I'm not too sad I missed it and have an extra 70 bucks in my pocket. Now if it was War by Numbers I would've drop kicked somebody.
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

catch23 wrote:Just got back from Best Buy. I'm glad I did'nt waste more than 30 minutes on this print. I'm not too sad I missed it and have an extra 70 bucks in my pocket. Now if it was War by Numbers I would've drop kicked somebody.
Well, with shipping it looks like you have an extra $84 in your pocket!!
catch23
Propaganda Engineer

Post by catch23 »

Johnster0228 wrote:
catch23 wrote:Just got back from Best Buy. I'm glad I did'nt waste more than 30 minutes on this print. I'm not too sad I missed it and have an extra 70 bucks in my pocket. Now if it was War by Numbers I would've drop kicked somebody.
Well, with shipping it looks like you have an extra $84 in your pocket!!
Trudat! :D
starvingstudent
Posse

Post by starvingstudent »

Forgot it was new print day. I think the nihilism has kicked in.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

7.guys.named.bruce wrote:
Backpackpunk wrote:

I'm just glad I missed out so someone who really appreciates Sheps art could get one . Oh well, going to the movies so I can cry in my popcorn :oops:
Actually, you missed out so that asspimple rapid-fire flipper could get it. :roll:
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

Now both color ways:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Presidential-Seal-P ... dZViewItem

Hooray! :roll:
TBlaze
Giant

Post by TBlaze »

Ok let me ask, how do you do it?

Lets say your trying to go to paypal from your shopping cart and it bombs, do you just keep hitting refresh (f5) or have to go back to your shopping cart and start all over?

What about after your in paypal and hit review order (or review payment whatever it is) Do you hit refresh(f5) or start all over again?

Any insight will be VERY HELPFUL, for me and I'm sure many others on here.

Thanks
easycraig wrote:I'm in.... whats another $900 when you owe THOUSANDS!!!!!
Johnster0228
Giant

Post by Johnster0228 »

TBlaze wrote:Ok let me ask, how do you do it?

Lets say your trying to go to paypal from your shopping cart and it bombs, do you just keep hitting refresh (f5) or have to go back to your shopping cart and start all over?

What about after your in paypal and hit review order (or review payment whatever it is) Do you hit refresh(f5) or start all over again?

Thanks
I just redirect from the error page where it gives you a link. I forgot exactly what it says but it is something like "to check site status" Click on that and you can go back to print page or just click back a page. That review order thing hurts but I just followed these same steps and it eventually goes all the way through. If Ive made it that far sometimes OG will let me back up pages until I am at the cart again.
baxterpop
Giant

Post by baxterpop »

I still prefer the old way, at least at 3:00 you could usually access the site and had half the steps of the new "more efficient" system.
djsp
Giant

Post by djsp »

baxterpop wrote:I still prefer the old way, at least at 3:00 you could usually access the site and had half the steps of the new "more efficient" system.
I don't know. Ordering is kind of a pain in the buttocks, but it has been getting better week over week. I think I like this system. I was done in 1/2 hour this week. Not bad I guess. The paypal redirect seems to be the killer.
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

djsp wrote:
baxterpop wrote:I still prefer the old way, at least at 3:00 you could usually access the site and had half the steps of the new "more efficient" system.
I don't know. Ordering is kind of a pain in the buttocks, but it has been getting better week over week. I think I like this system. I was done in 1/2 hour this week. Not bad I guess. The paypal redirect seems to be the killer.
Agreed, I wish paypal was the final step, this way if you could at least get to that part you would more then likely get the print, instead of sitting submit and hoping O.G. isn't crashing at that moment.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
JohnHolmes
Swindler

Post by JohnHolmes »

TBlaze wrote:Ok let me ask, how do you do it?

Thanks
I have bookmarks for the first 3 steps: 1) The New Products page. 2) The Shopping Cart. 3) Shopping Cart > Confirm via Paypal. That way if any of those 3 pages bombs out on me I just click the bookmark to refresh. I never use F5 on any page other than the New Products page.

Also I keep 3 windows open. One with the print. One for the shopping cart and one for emergencies. Sometimes I'll copy/paste the link to the confirm order page and try opening it in a new window. That way it gives me a second chance in the event that the first page bombs out.

Today was a little different. I used the seperate links provided earlier in this thread to order each print individually instead of going to the New Products page. And it seemed to work. Got my first confirmation for the black around 12:10 and the second conf. for the Red about 8 minutes later.