Peace Elephant

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
einna
Punk

Peace Elephant

Post by einna »

Hey everyone, I didn’t know the board was still up and running! I could use some help. I have an original 2008 Peace Elephant still in it’s shipping tube. Would anyone happen to know it’s current value? I can’t seem to find much online. Just one on eBay, framed going for 3999.00 but it looks like it’s been up there for a while so not sure if that’s a viable price.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
noverflow
I think I started this

Re: Peace Elephant

Post by noverflow »

Not sure if this is accurate at all - https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/87581

It's so hard to tell because on person could have listed it for $1500 and sold it to the one person who would pay that. Or it could be from a listing where they took an unlisted lower price for it.
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Until you get it out of that tube and flat, it isn't worth as much. It's going to take a while to flatten out and verify that there isn't any damage from being rolled so long.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
einna
Punk

Post by einna »

I didn’t get any notifications that anyone responded! So sorry! Thanks so much to both of you for responding! It’s awfully quiet around here now. :( Yeah, I had no idea about the tubes until a few days ago. durn. I thought it was the safest place for them. I did read that its a small blessing that they’re in 4” tubes and Obey wraps them in acid free paper…Do you agree? I have a few more too. I’m so nervous about taking them out and screwing them up. Any advice on how to proceed with flattening them? I also have a Ernesto Yerena x Zack de la Rocha collaboration print, the first one that Ernesto held a presale for here on TheGiant. Also in a 4” tube. I’m such an idiot!
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Take it out of the tube and remove the tape from the paper. Do not unroll at this point. Let it slowly relax and unroll on it's own. It will take a while (days). Once it has relaxed you can then unroll and put weights on the corners to flatten.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!