Anticipation - Obey Fist Large Format

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Anticipation - Obey Fist Large Format

Post by jjttdw »

The raised fist has served as an iconic symbol of resistance for many generations. Masculine and monochrome, the clenched gesture radiates energy against a double outlined golden star. Featuring Fairey’s now well-known call-to-action, the accompanying “OBEY” below is a visual command that enhances the otherwise silent but powerful protest.⁠

With its origins in his earliest street art projects, this print replaces the typical Andre the Giant figurine with an oversized fist that stands in its place. Legibility and accessibility have always been a hallmark of Fairey’s artwork, and are utilized to great effect here, illustrating a universal, familiar symbol of rebellion, but rendered in Fairey’s recognizable style.⁠- Description written by co-curator Pedro Alonzo.⁠

OBEY Fist. Serigraph on Coventry Rag, 100% Cotton Custom Archival Paper with hand-deckled edges. 30 x 41 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 89. Comes with a certificate of authenticity. $900. Available Tuesday, October 8th @ 10 AM PDT at store.obeygiant.com/collections/prints. Max order: 1 per customer/household. *Orders are not guaranteed as demand is high and inventory is limited.* Multiple orders will be refunded. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery.⁣ ALL SALES FINAL.
Addict
Swindler

Re: Anticipation - Obey First Large Format

Post by Addict »

the print has been released already, because it doesn't appear in the archive?
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Re: Anticipation - Obey First Large Format

Post by jjttdw »

Addict wrote:the print has been released already, because it doesn't appear in the archive?
This is the large format redux that is being released tomorrow.
soupysound
Punk

Re: Anticipation - Obey Fist Large Format

Post by soupysound »

fist was released last tuesday. hammer is being released tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3cf1JaFmFh/
OBEY HAMMER AVAILABLE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15TH!

OBEY Hammer. Serigraph on Coventry Rag, 100% Cotton Custom Archival Paper with hand-deckled edges. 30 x 41 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 89. Comes with a certificate of authenticity. $900. Available Tuesday, October 15th @ 10 AM PDT at store.obeygiant.com/collections/prints.
Addict
Swindler

Post by Addict »

Fist still doesn't appear in the obeygiant archive ( https://obeygiant.com/prints/) as the other large formats. Also the print is not listed in the store even if the release was programmed between the 3th or the 8th.
:mrgreen:

soupysound wrote:fist was released last tuesday. hammer is being released tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3cf1JaFmFh/
OBEY HAMMER AVAILABLE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15TH!

OBEY Hammer. Serigraph on Coventry Rag, 100% Cotton Custom Archival Paper with hand-deckled edges. 30 x 41 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 89. Comes with a certificate of authenticity. $900. Available Tuesday, October 15th @ 10 AM PDT at store.obeygiant.com/collections/prints.
soupysound
Punk

Post by soupysound »

not sure what you are getting at.... are you implying they are going to re-up the print today or something? the print sold out in around 15 minutes or so from what i recall.. i still have the URL in my browser history.
Addict
Swindler

Post by Addict »

I just wanted to be sure I missed the drop and that it was sold out. It's now confirmed. Thank you for your help.

soupysound wrote:not sure what you are getting at.... are you implying they are going to re-up the print today or something? the print sold out in around 15 minutes or so from what i recall.. i still have the URL in my browser history.
cincysig
Punk

Post by cincysig »

Hammer is up now.
soupysound
Punk

Post by soupysound »

doesn't look like hammer is showing up on the prints page like usual... no idea why

https://store.obeygiant.com/collections/all
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Hammer is up.
diggs25
Posse

Post by diggs25 »

Right on.
"Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state" -- Noam Chomsky