Anticipation: Endless Power Petrol Palace 6/6

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
bsharp
Posse

Anticipation: Endless Power Petrol Palace 6/6

Post by bsharp »

The “Endless Power Petrol Palace” poster is both a celebration and critique of the seductive graphic propaganda used for the petroleum industry. I designed this print to feel like a vintage ad celebrating the abundance of America and the bright future of the American Dream. Though oil is finite, our reliance on it is so extreme that the power wielded by those who control oil is virtually unlimited. Though oil may have seemed initially to be endless, we now know the world’s oil reserves will run out eventually but more importantly, we know from thorough scientific research that the planet does not have the endless power to maintain a stable climate if oil and gas Carbon emissions (as well as from other sources) do not decrease dramatically.

Unfortunately, the U.S. government gives approximately $70 billion in tax breaks and subsidies to the highly profitable oil and gas industries. Green Energy companies only received $12 billion in subsidy because they don’t have the deep pockets of fossil fuel companies. The need to fund new, renewable technologies, should be obvious when the rapidly depleting oil and gas sources become more difficult and dangerous to extract each passing day. The only reason the government subsidies are so disproportionate is because of the massive power the dying oil and gas industry still has.

Here is the challenge: our lifestyle cannot survive without oil and gas, but our planet cannot survive with their use remaining anywhere close to current levels. Unless we cultivate renewables, we are heading for a tipping point that will be potentially irreversible and unquestionably devastating. A portion of proceeds from “Endless Power Petrol Palace” will be donated to 350.org to support the work they do fighting climate change.

-Shepard

Endless Power Petrol Palace in Blue on cream Speckletone paper. 18 x 24 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 350. $50. Portion of proceeds will go to 350.org. Available Thursday, June 6th @ 10 AM PDT at store.obeygiant.com/collection/prints. Max order: 1 per customer/household. *Orders are not guaranteed as demand is high and inventory is limited.* Multiple orders will be refunded. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery.⁣ ALL SALES FINAL.

Endless Power Petrol Palace in Red on cream Speckletone paper. 18 x 24 inches. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 350. $50. Portion of proceeds will go to 350.org. Available Thursday, June 6th @ 11 AM PDT at store.obeygiant.com/collection/prints. Max order: 1 per customer/household. *Orders are not guaranteed as demand is high and inventory is limited.* Multiple orders will be refunded. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery.⁣ ALL SALES FINAL.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Anticipation: Endless Power Petrol Palace 6/6

Post by no1gdman »

i'll pass on the gas
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

I will try and fail.
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

jjttdw wrote:I will try and fail.
well at least you have 2 chances to fail :lol:

but seriously good luck with the drop. hopefully you get one
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

failed on the first one. anyone with a tip to score in this brave new world, PM me.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

jjttdw wrote:failed on the first one. anyone with a tip to score in this brave new world, PM me.
Something was really wonky on the site. The stock page kept saying add to cart but it was sold out when it went into the cart. This was the worst I've even seen. For a not so great print too. I'm going to stop trying until they fix the site, but that will prob be never.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

This one was brutal. They keep putting them back up. Bots keep getting them. Missed 3-4 times now. +0
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

jjttdw wrote:failed on the first one. anyone with a tip to score in this brave new world, PM me.
just buy fine art 8)
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

0 fer two
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

o for 2. Was gone in like 20 sec.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

Got lucky on the red. Still hoping for blue at some point though. Can't win em all (clearly).
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

I can't win any.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

+1 blue on the restock. About 50 went up.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I can’t win either. I just got refunded on the second drop. I’m def done with obey. This sucks. I’ve never flipped a print and they’re taking these out of the fans hands and putting them into flippers. What a joke.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
bsharp
Posse

Post by bsharp »

DunDun wrote:I can’t win either. I just got refunded on the second drop. I’m def done with obey. This sucks. I’ve never flipped a print and they’re taking these out of the fans hands and putting them into flippers. What a joke.
My red was refunded, citing unforeseen circumstances. Not sure why but you’re not the only one. I’ve never flipped either. If they surprise drop more, I won’t be thrilled.
soupysound
Punk

Post by soupysound »

my captcha was frozen so struck out. obey has now been completely overrun by the sneakerhead bot gangs. they would be better off refunding the first 50 orders versus the last 50 oversells. first 50 are probably all bots. :lol:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

DunDun wrote:I can’t win either. I just got refunded on the second drop. I’m def done with obey. This sucks. I’ve never flipped a print and they’re taking these out of the fans hands and putting them into flippers. What a joke.
Haven’t been refunded from the second drop yet, fingers crossed but I don’t have my hopes up. I passed on the first drop, no longer interested in battling with bots, but I have an RSS reader that lets me know when sites I follow, that have RSS feeds, update and I got a notification that something was added again. Even if I get refunded, it was nice to have a smooth checkout and to have shipping rates appear.

Dundun, here’s a new quote for your signature:
The majority of Shepard Fairey fans enjoy collecting art, the majority of hypebeast sneakerheads enjoy profiting off of art. Bots become become better when money is involved
Benman3321
Punk

Post by Benman3321 »

I was refunded on the second drop as well.
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

In some ways I think it is worse getting refunded as opposed failing like I did. I suppose I'll never know because I can't seem to clear any check out. I'm not giving up yet.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

black went back up as well... looks like the flipper cancellation machine is in full force!
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

more red?
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

justin wrote:more red?
good looking out Justin.

such a clean and classic image
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

I just bought one of each off eBay for $154 shipped total. Back out the $30 for shipping and eBay fees and you are talking about a profit of $10?
no1gdman
Propaganda Engineer

Post by no1gdman »

jjttdw wrote:I just bought one of each off eBay for $154 shipped total. Back out the $30 for shipping and eBay fees and you are talking about a profit of $10?
Just enough for one Funko Pop