The Laws of Physics Letterpress

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
quiksilvr22
Punk

Re: The Laws of Physics Letterpress

Post by quiksilvr22 »

Looks as though it wasn't. Someone was passing it around EB. John sent me a link last night, but I wasn't around the computer. I tried to access the link this morning but only received errors. Hoping I still can get one.
To talk goodness is not good. Only to do it is.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

I just tried to pay my invoice and there was an "error with the website" so I think there is a bit of an issue. I let John know of it and I'm sure he'll fix it soon. Anyone else have this problem?
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

quiksilvr22 wrote:Looks as though it wasn't. Someone was passing it around EB. John sent me a link last night, but I wasn't around the computer. I tried to access the link this morning but only received errors. Hoping I still can get one.
Man those ebeaners always have to eff things up for the rest of us. I hope they all get refunds and everyone on here gets one.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
stuckeyc37
Propaganda Engineer

Post by stuckeyc37 »

Yeah I saw bmerel passed it around. Seemed like John was trying to keep it here. Kinda hoping they were unique and folks get refunded, but whatever. Judging by some of the "new" accounts posting in this thread I am sure there will be a few on ebay as soon as they get shipped
Stonecutterjeff
Swindler

Post by Stonecutterjeff »

I added my username in the email. People are really shady. And it sucks. So many thanks to john for doing this and then people trying to make money on it. So sad. Try and do something nice and get headaches in return.
quiksilvr22
Punk

Post by quiksilvr22 »

stuckeyc37 wrote:Kinda hoping they were unique and folks get refunded, but whatever.
That's what I was hoping for, but as long as John made his money it is what it is.

Glad you got one Jeff. :twisted:
cubbiephan
Punk

Post by cubbiephan »

a big THANKS goes out to john.
bigstrunso
Propaganda Engineer

Post by bigstrunso »

Bmerel is a turd.
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

bigstrunso wrote:Bmerel is a turd.
Refund him for someone more deserving. :evil:
Last edited by danklax5 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I make my own luck."
bryndavies
Punk

Post by bryndavies »

stuckeyc37 wrote:Sup treejam

Anyone know if the purchase links were unique?
Tee is Def treejam. Sorry giant folks. That will be my only eb type post here.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

tee34 wrote:
ciphe wrote:
SHT! wrote:
misterwhisper wrote:So am I the only one who's still waiting? :(
im waiting as well!

not sure how much longer i can keep my eyes crossed...

still waiting
still waiting :?
It's sold out
bryndavies
Punk

Post by bryndavies »

danklax5 wrote:
Refund him for someone more deserving. :evil:
Dude sure did spread the link around EB like it was nothing. I thought the links were unique and respected the spirit of the giant forum member only thing by not telling anyone over there. Se la vie, I guess.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

quiksilvr22 wrote:Looks as though it wasn't. Someone was passing it around EB. John sent me a link last night, but I wasn't around the computer. I tried to access the link this morning but only received errors. Hoping I still can get one.
John gave a deadline to everyone here of 2pm PST yesterday to email him. He sent out links to those who emailed him to buy. After that wave, John posted it on his instagram and Facebook accounts and sent out a public link to his mailing list.

The links from the first wave sold to members here were not passed around, at least not publicly (I was checking). It wasn't until John made the sale public through his list, and social media, when the link was passed around. You guys might want to blow out the torches and put the pitchforks away.
Last edited by conartstudio on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bryndavies
Punk

Post by bryndavies »

Ahh. Gotcha conart. Thanks. Happy Tuesday buddy! Onward and upward.
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

conartstudio wrote:
John gave a deadline to everyone here of 2pm PST yesterday to email him. He sent out links to those who emailed him to buy. After that wave, John posted it on his instagram and Facebook accounts and sent out a public link to his mailing list.

The links from the first wave sold to members here were not passed around, at least not publicly (I was checking). It wasn't until John made the sale public through his list, and social media, when the link was passed around. You guys might want to blow out the torches and put the pitchforks away.
Always on top of things...
"I make my own luck."
guyute73
Posse

Post by guyute73 »

DOH.. totally missed this. I really liked this one.. oh well!

hey hey.. 400th post... yay...
als33
Punk

Post by als33 »

Sent an email at ~5am PST yesterday w/my forum name, but never heard anything. Suppose I don't post enough or didn't meet some other criteria. Oh well, congrats to those who made the cut.
bkboy77
Punk

Post by bkboy77 »

Thanks to John for the awesome hook up. I got my letterpress last night and am happy to have scored this one.
leary411
Punk

Post by leary411 »

I missed out but way cool thing to do for the forum...
misterwhisper
Punk

Post by misterwhisper »

So I guess I'm the only one who signed up for this in advance and never got an invoice, or any responses from John...
Sigh. ISO if anyone's selling.
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

misterwhisper wrote:So I guess I'm the only one who signed up for this in advance and never got an invoice, or any responses from John...

dont feel bad, i got an invoice yesterday, but did not look at it nor did i realize it was a timed 'thing' for the board memebers... went to pay this morning and could not... john just got back saying its sold out... same ol same ol for him and me. lol

ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
quiksilvr22
Punk

Post by quiksilvr22 »

easycraig wrote: dont feel bad, i got an invoice yesterday, but did not look at it nor did i realize it was a timed 'thing' for the board memebers... went to pay this morning and could not...
ec
NOooooo!! I'm in the same boat. Gotta be some AP's, right!?!
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

durn. Bummed I missed out on this.
Favorite letterpress so far.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
misterwhisper
Punk

Post by misterwhisper »

easycraig wrote:
misterwhisper wrote:So I guess I'm the only one who signed up for this in advance and never got an invoice, or any responses from John...

dont feel bad, i got an invoice yesterday, but did not look at it nor did i realize it was a timed 'thing' for the board memebers... went to pay this morning and could not... john just got back saying its sold out... same ol same ol for him and me. lol

ec
Thanks for commiserating. Between this and today's (lack of) drop, I'm just not having a good obey week. Them's the breaks, though, right? Congrats to those who scored.
bmerel
Punk

Post by bmerel »

i agree