POSTER FOR GEORGE RED & SILVER

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
rlbchef
Giant

POSTER FOR GEORGE RED & SILVER

Post by rlbchef »

18 x 24 inch screen print on cream Speckletone paper.  Signed and numbered edition of 400.  $65.  Limit 1 per person/household.

Release date:  October 23, 2014 at a random time between 10am and 12 noon PST in PRINTS.

hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Re: POSTER FOR GEORGE RED & SILVER

Post by hexterb »

They look cool but just not for me.
taxman
Punk

Post by taxman »

No thank you.... pass!
MrObey
Punk

Post by MrObey »

Pass
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

New "Beatles" set coming?
JErikR
hexterb
Propaganda Engineer

Post by hexterb »

JErikR wrote:New "Beatles" set coming?
well hell. now that you mention that I might have to pick up these just in case more are coming.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Let's hope
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

hexterb wrote:
well hell. now that you mention that I might have to pick up these just in case more are coming.
The silver is going to be released on www.georgeharrison.com. I'm thinking this is just a George thing.
xmanxman
Swindler

Post by xmanxman »

I like it. I think it's a great portrait.
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

Wow! if he could do a John Lennon as good as this, id be all over it. im a sucker for the portraits.
JErikR
Giant

Post by JErikR »

If they really are doing or not doing a new Beatles set they should just say so up front. It would help people plan, time-wise (to score all the prints) and financially too. I don't mean to bring up a random topic that may not even be in the cards, but it just seemed like an important question.
JErikR
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

A step up from the last George. Perhaps a floor up.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

JErikR wrote:If they really are doing or not doing a new Beatles set they should just say so up front. It would help people plan, time-wise (to score all the prints) and financially too. I don't mean to bring up a random topic that may not even be in the cards, but it just seemed like an important question.
I wouldn't think its a plan to release a set. There's currently a George Harrison boxset of all his Apple releases being pushed at the moment ....that's where the image used stems from ......So to hazard a guess I would surmise Dhani Harrison (his son and producer of the boxset) or his estate has approached Shepard independently to do this release as an overall tie in for the publicity blurb of this Harrison project.

Of course , with it being The Beatles I've no doubt that at sometime in the distant future J, P and R will get done again and complete some kind of "set" , but I would be very surprised of it was a planned orchestrated campaign to do all 4 in the immediate future.

Hirstlover
Punk

Post by Hirstlover »

I'll be going for a Silver!
Ball till you FALL! LOVE THE WHO!
schmidt
Posse

Post by schmidt »

I like it and hoping for a new Beatles set as well!

Unrelated George story if anyone is bored and looking for a read:

I had a friend who hung out and drove George to the mall for her work. Yes, the mall.... I remember her telling me this story way back when we were in high school (94-98) and not really caring much about it, as I never really fully understood the Beatles at the time... She worked here: http://www.lancasterhealth.com/

Over the years, I've grown to understand and now really appreciate the Beatles music. So for the hell of it, I reached out to her last year and asked if she could recount the story for me:
"Yeah! I met George twice! the first time he brought his gardener to the Maha (Maharishi in Lancaster, MA), and the second time his wife and son..... It was such an unreal experience! I tried not to scream the entire time while he was there. He was always very nice, and quite the dirty old man. He asked me to take a shower with him at one point, and we kissed once... No tongue, justa pecker...

One day he said he wanted to go to the mall, so he asked me to drive, so at first he got in the driver seat, but he wasnt used to driving on our side of the road, so we went to my moms apartment, and we picked up her car! She could not believe it when I walked in with him!!!!
So we went to Solomon pond mall, went to HMV, where he bought some cd's, some of which were his own, and then we shared a cookie in the food court.....

People started to recognize him, which is why we decided to leave, and as we were going, I had left my purse at the table in the food court, and somone came running after us to give it to me, it was nuts..

While we were there, he bought 2 pieces of jewlery, a pearl earing necklace set, and my birthstone earings... He bought the earing necklace set for Kara, the girl I work with, but ended up giving it to me.... It was the craziest experience in my life!!! I brought my girlfriend to the Maha so she could meet him too, so I had a witness! LoL

Later on, after he left, I thought of so many things I wanted to ask him, but just being in his presence, I was shell shocked, ya know, so I never got to aske him everything. The staff at the Maha said we had to act like there was no famous person there, which was next to impossible!!!

But all in all, he was a nice guy.... I regret not sleeping with him!!! hahahaha cause he sure would have liked to!"
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

I decent looking print and better than the other one that looked a bit like a wookie playing a guitar but it is a pass for me...John and Paul, yes....George and Ringo, no.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

This was find of the year about 15 years ago when I went up the local rubbish tip / recycling centre ....someone had thrown out their 1960's autograph book and the pickers had found it.

Anyway after a bit of haggling I ended up paying £200 for the complete book. Inside there was autographs from a lot of the minor 1960s UK stars of the day ..as well as some biggies like Pete Townsend , Telstars etc.

But the prize was the typed questionnaire inside signed by George Harrison as well as piece of his jacket (the lining) provided by his mother Louise .....she was wonderfully notorious for cutting up George's jackets and sending to fans who asked for a keepsake much to George's annoyance.

Also were 3 fully "signed" fan-club cards , one of which was sent and signed on the back by Louise Harrison....this one is definitely NOT signed in hand but printed or an auto pen example of their signatures , the other two I'm not 100% about being genuine either ....I think they are either signed by one or other of the Beatles for the others or Neal Aspinall / Mal Evans examples

Last edited by Fattyramone on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

schmidt wrote:I like it and hoping for a new Beatles set as well!

Unrelated George story if anyone is bored and looking for a read:

I had a friend who hung out and drove George to the mall for her work. Yes, the mall.... I remember her telling me this story way back when we were in high school (94-98) and not really caring much about it, as I never really fully understood the Beatles at the time... She worked here: http://www.lancasterhealth.com/

Over the years, I've grown to understand and now really appreciate the Beatles music. So for the hell of it, I reached out to her last year and asked if she could recount the story for me:
"Yeah! I met George twice! the first time he brought his gardener to the Maha (Maharishi in Lancaster, MA), and the second time his wife and son..... It was such an unreal experience! I tried not to scream the entire time while he was there. He was always very nice, and quite the dirty old man. He asked me to take a shower with him at one point, and we kissed once... No tongue, justa pecker...

One day he said he wanted to go to the mall, so he asked me to drive, so at first he got in the driver seat, but he wasnt used to driving on our side of the road, so we went to my moms apartment, and we picked up her car! She could not believe it when I walked in with him!!!!
So we went to Solomon pond mall, went to HMV, where he bought some cd's, some of which were his own, and then we shared a cookie in the food court.....

People started to recognize him, which is why we decided to leave, and as we were going, I had left my purse at the table in the food court, and somone came running after us to give it to me, it was nuts..

While we were there, he bought 2 pieces of jewlery, a pearl earing necklace set, and my birthstone earings... He bought the earing necklace set for Kara, the girl I work with, but ended up giving it to me.... It was the craziest experience in my life!!! I brought my girlfriend to the Maha so she could meet him too, so I had a witness! LoL

Later on, after he left, I thought of so many things I wanted to ask him, but just being in his presence, I was shell shocked, ya know, so I never got to aske him everything. The staff at the Maha said we had to act like there was no famous person there, which was next to impossible!!!

But all in all, he was a nice guy.... I regret not sleeping with him!!! hahahaha cause he sure would have liked to!"

Great story Schmidt ...and sounds very much like what George was like as a person , battling between his spiritual being and his very much human frailties
bdavenport
punk

Post by bdavenport »

Kind of surprised there isn't more chatter on this. It's a Beatle and it is decent looking. I am still on the fence, but really thought there would be more people going gaga for this.
toobs wrote:FCUK U JOBUUUUU!!!
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

Hello weston :)
danklax5
Giant

Post by danklax5 »

rlbchef wrote:Hello weston :)
DO IT!
DO IT!
"I make my own luck."
schmidt
Posse

Post by schmidt »

I think the flower pattern at the bottom with carry through each portrait (if this is the start of a set), making the set look nice and uniform.

At least that's my hope...
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

I'm letting those Rolling Stone readers get a whiff. They'll soon be hooked too. :twisted:
voice1
Swindler

Post by voice1 »

Dig it. I'm in for the red one. Let's hope the drop happens soon. I've got a midterm to tend to.

:)
Stonecutterjeff
Swindler

Post by Stonecutterjeff »

still on fence but slow at work due to rain so might just get it. blah idk