Anticipation: Ai Weiwei

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
justin
Giant

Re: Anticipation: Ai Weiwei

Post by justin »

Forgot release was today! Just got my Marley print, so not really mad about forgetting this.
jlee
Punk

Post by jlee »

Ok, I hate to harp on stuff and I realize I'm new, so forgive me if this is a known issue, but it's potentially a big issue. If it's not a known issue, it may be something to bring to the attention of ObeyGiant.com, through a more direct means than their online form, based on the reply I got from paypal.

I sent paypal a message with the error code I received, asking why my payment was not processed. Here's what I received in reply from their rep:
"I checked and see that the reason why the payment did not go through because it has been blocked by PayPal's Security. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We analyze every detail of the transaction and compare that to all the transactions that have been made through PayPal; if we see that payment fits a pattern that we have identified to have a high rate of failure, then we may limit the funding sources available for the transaction."
So basically they're saying that because a large number of transactions to ObeyGiant.com fail, that they flagged these kinds of transactions and don't allow them all to go through, or they'll limit them. Well of course they'd have a high failure rate based on the rush, right?

Grrr... very frustrated. Again, I know I'm new, but I really wanted this one, and I had it...
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

^that's a new one
on point like a decimalist?
summoner
Giant

Post by summoner »

BARELY a +1... Got that frankfurter Google page and had to remote to another site and get on a machine there. Luckily the print dropped after 2 refreshes and was able to slide through the checkout with only a couple hiccups on the way.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

summoner wrote:BARELY a +1... Got that frankfurter Google page and had to remote to another site and get on a machine there. Luckily the print dropped after 2 refreshes and was able to slide through the checkout with only a couple hiccups on the way.
Are you using a Firefox plugin to refresh every second (or every 5 seconds) or speed refreshing every second? Just trying to figure out why some see that google block and I'm guessing it's from the rapid refreshing. If you try refreshing less frequently you probably won't get blocked.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

conartstudio wrote:
summoner wrote:BARELY a +1... Got that frankfurter Google page and had to remote to another site and get on a machine there. Luckily the print dropped after 2 refreshes and was able to slide through the checkout with only a couple hiccups on the way.
Are you using a Firefox plugin to refresh every second (or every 5 seconds) or speed refreshing every second? Just trying to figure out why some see that google block and I'm guessing it's from the rapid refreshing. If you try refreshing less frequently you probably won't get blocked.

i am refreshing as soon as the page loads (as fast as the computer will do it), have never run into this. (knocks on wood)
on point like a decimalist?
misterwhisper
Punk

Post by misterwhisper »

spagucci1 wrote:
rlbchef wrote:geez I cant score anymore
Same here.... Sucks....
Me too... these drops used to be easy...
Fattyramone
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Fattyramone »

Ive failed on the last two drops too ...although i did manage to get a Marley from the Dennis camp ...postage ..wait for it ..wait for it ....waaaait fooooor iiiiit ......$90! ..that stung!