Anticipation: Peace Dove Letterpress Print

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
justin
Giant

Re: Anticipation: Peace Dove Letterpress Print

Post by justin »

Curious to know how some of you will be framing these? I read earlier in the thread that these will eventually curl if you float them.
shoeless
Punk

Post by shoeless »

justin wrote:Curious to know how some of you will be framing these? I read earlier in the thread that these will eventually curl if you float them.
If I avoid a refund, mine will be framed with a mat.
I love how deckled edges look, but I'm not a fan of floating artwork.
Hate the idea of anything attached to the paper.
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

just got back, sold out. oh well, any word of any future letter press prints?
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
tee34
Swindler

Post by tee34 »

Toughest drop I can remeber. Anyone have buyers remorse. I can do $250 right now......
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

Did anyone else have problems with the final confirm button. I clicked it but was redirected to a 3rd party site, very Spamish.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

I think it would be cool to sandwich this between two mats and frame between two panes of glass. Then you could flip it at will. (no pun intended)
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
HopeThatUChoke
Punk

Post by HopeThatUChoke »

Revolution wrote:
ll_coolray wrote:Two on the bay for $300, I knew I couldn't afford that aftermarket price :/

Congrats to those who scored! Back to work, minions.
They still don't care about the folks flipping either! What a shame...
100% false
spagucci1
Giant

Post by spagucci1 »

Congrats to those who scored who plan on keeping it. As for the flippers, try not to make me pay too much. Heres to hoping we see more letterpress prints in the future!
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

truthiness wrote:When I watch the video of how they made this print, I don't see the Andre emboss... do they add that after?

done after the fact by hand embossing stamp. Similar to the way pow or modern multiples would do it.
there is a picture of it on instragram. and it looks like JRF himself is the one doing the stamping.
http://instagram.com/p/WVoyWupaF7/
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

Abrogate wrote:Did anyone else have problems with the final confirm button. I clicked it but was redirected to a 3rd party site, very Spamish.
Anyone?? I found this problem to be worrisome. Ive never encountered it before from the OBEY ordering system.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

vvk wrote:
truthiness wrote:When I watch the video of how they made this print, I don't see the Andre emboss... do they add that after?

done after the fact by hand embossing stamp. Similar to the way pow or modern multiples would do it.
there is a picture of it on instragram. and it looks like JRF himself is the one doing the stamping.
http://instagram.com/p/WVoyWupaF7/
I think that's kyle..could be wrong

i missed it...
this seems appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1k4N2ci6E
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

spagucci1 wrote:Heres to hoping we see more letterpress prints in the future!
My wish list

Bomber
Megaphone
Mandala
Icon
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Abrogate wrote:
Abrogate wrote:Did anyone else have problems with the final confirm button. I clicked it but was redirected to a 3rd party site, very Spamish.
Anyone?? I found this problem to be worrisome. Ive never encountered it before from the OBEY ordering system.
That's odd, what was the 3rd party site?
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

Gigantico wrote:
Abrogate wrote:
I had to go digging through my browsing history to find it. I was too busy trying to score the print to screenshot/copy it earlier.

http://www.degrees.info/forms/form.jsp? ... %20aid#HQ0
shaneray
Swindler

Post by shaneray »

Abrogate wrote:
Got all the way thru, and was told to Turn off my Cookies? (new MBPro) Never had that problem before. Is what it is, Love the game, Hope we see more!
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Abrogate wrote:
Gigantico wrote:
Abrogate wrote:
I had to go digging through my browsing history to find it. I was too busy trying to score the print to screenshot/copy it earlier.

http://www.degrees.info/forms/form.jsp? ... %20aid#HQ0
Wow, no. Never have seen that. My work network won't even open that link (spam).
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

Yeah, Im totally bummed. The spam link prevented me from scoring todays print. I reloaded the submit page a few times getting redirected to the Spam site each time. When it finally worked the print was sold out. :evil:
Revolution
Swindler

Post by Revolution »

Molotov Man wrote:
Revolution wrote: They still don't care about the folks flipping either! What a shame...

This is a false statement!
Really...and how is that? Where's the proof bud? Any & every drop you see the bay flooded with prints from folks just looking to make a quick buck!
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

Revolution wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:
Revolution wrote: They still don't care about the folks flipping either! What a shame...

Really...and how is that? Where's the proof bud? Any & every drop you see the bay flooded with prints from folks just looking to make a quick buck!
Shep keeps print prices low to enable people without much money to collect/enjoy some of his work. Flipping is the unavoidable other side of that coin.

It doesn't mean Shep doesn't care about flipping ... He just cares more about pricing low enough to allow some of the 99% to buy his art on occasion.
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

Revolution wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:

It would be difficult to give you proof, bud. But, all I can say is, trust me.
Just because some fall through the cracks, doesn't mean they don't have means in place to help stop this practice.
There is NO way they could ever stop every person from flipping right after purchase.

love, Bud.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Molotov Man wrote:
Revolution wrote:
Molotov Man wrote:

It would be difficult to give you proof, bud. But, all I can say is, trust me.
Just because some fall through the cracks, doesn't mean they don't have means in place to help stop this practice.
There is NO way they could ever stop every person from flipping right after purchase.

love, Bud.
exactly. they definitely do care about people flipping but there's only so much anyone can do about it.

the one thing we know is 100% fact is that no matter if they got rid of the flippers or fixed the cart there will ALWAYS be complainers. complaining about the cart/flipping is starting to become more annoying than how things currently are.
justin
Giant

Post by justin »

The confirm info page always thinks I'm a Ms. What da hell man.
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Frankly, I can't remember the last time a heavily anticipated / super sexy print dropped over at obey that didn't create a thread in here about flippers and effed shoping carts.
wesgreen
Punk

Post by wesgreen »

Surprising there's really not that many on flea bay. People must truly love this print! I scored driving with 3G! Can't believe it!!
anodyne13
Grumpy Old Man

Post by anodyne13 »

submethod wrote:Frankly, I can't remember the last time a heavily anticipated / super sexy print dropped over at obey that didn't create a thread in here about flippers and effed shoping carts.
wait 3-4 weeks...buy on eBay.

That’s how the OGs do it when they miss out, no whining.