Anticipation: Hello Kitty

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
lazk
Swindler

Re: Anticipation: Hello Kitty

Post by lazk »

If anyone can pick me 1 up, I will pay for 2 copies...
jonvespa
Swindler

Post by jonvespa »

lazk wrote:If anyone can pick me 1 up, I will pay for 2 copies...
they will be $85.
vvk
Giant

Post by vvk »

jonvespa wrote:
lazk wrote:If anyone can pick me 1 up, I will pay for 2 copies...
they will be $85.
yeah... Ill easily pay 200.00 for this one
youngfee101
Punk

Post by youngfee101 »

anyone know how big the line is? If I go I wanna know how early I should be there
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

Abrogate wrote:I just received some official confirmation.
Edition size is 500 but only 250 will be available in LA for the show, of that only roughly 150 will be sold Sunday.
and rumor is, a few people have already started lining up (which just seems crazy :shock: ).

I wonder when/where the other 250 will be sold....
its raining and cold wtf?
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

jwoods103 wrote:
Abrogate wrote: and rumor is, a few people have already started lining up (which just seems crazy :shock: ).
its raining and cold wtf?

i don't believe that rumor! unless they're japanese school girls, than maybe :D (but in that case, i'm sure they have umbrellas and great phones)
on point like a decimalist?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

Here's hoping for a obeygiant.com release! Just peeped the other 2 HK prints, they're lonely without their triplet!
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

Gigantico wrote:Just peeped the other 2 HK prints, they're lonely without their triplet!
:shock: you're a lucky ducky!
on point like a decimalist?
rustyrider
Swindler

Post by rustyrider »

I have a hard time believing there is a line forming already. As stated above its cold and raining. But if anyone can confirm this it would be great. I don't want to make the trip out there Sunday if its going to result in me having no chance at getting a crack at this.
mmsk123
Punk

Post by mmsk123 »

So no news whether we can purchase on Saturday or not?
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

rustyrider wrote:I have a hard time believing there is a line forming already. As stated above its cold and raining. But if anyone can confirm this it would be great. I don't want to make the trip out there Sunday if its going to result in me having no chance at getting a crack at this.
To be honest, I live down the street from KNOWN. There have been lines in Sh$ty weather for past shows. The weather is not that bad right now. It's a little muggy but not THAT bad.

Good luck to you guys going to the show.
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

submethod wrote:
rustyrider wrote:I have a hard time believing there is a line forming already. As stated above its cold and raining. But if anyone can confirm this it would be great. I don't want to make the trip out there Sunday if its going to result in me having no chance at getting a crack at this.
To be honest, I live down the street from KNOWN. There have been lines in Sh$ty weather for past shows. The weather is not that bad right now. It's a little muggy but not THAT bad.

But is there a line already ?
submethod
Giant

Post by submethod »

Jessica Ravelo wrote:
submethod wrote:

Dunno. I'll drive by tonight and see. You got to remember also. KNOWN along with other galleries do have private viewings as well BEFORE the show.
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

Thanx
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

i'd be super shocked if they didnt let us purchase prints Saturday, please come to an art show but guess what u cant buy anything . . . . makes no sense.
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

Word is, 100 will be sold prior to Sunday.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
BadJustin
Posse

Post by BadJustin »

I;d like one, just one, just like everyone else. galdurn living in the sticks. At least I have this here internetz
Jessica Ravelo
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Jessica Ravelo »

toobs wrote:i'd be super shocked if they didnt let us purchase prints Saturday, please come to an art show but guess what u cant buy anything . . . . makes no sense.
Lifted193
Swindler

Post by Lifted193 »

submethod wrote:
Jessica Ravelo wrote:
submethod wrote:

Dunno. I'll drive by tonight and see. You got to remember also. KNOWN along with other galleries do have private viewings as well BEFORE the show.
Any word if there's a line for tonights opening?
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

It's a private show, list only.
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

If you are a Hello Kitty fan. Heads up. On Thursday October 18 Johnny Cupcakes is releasing another collaboration set with Hello Kitty. This one looks to have a Halloween feel as well. This is the third collab with JC x HK. The last two sets of shirts sold out with the quickness. No time has been announced, but it is usually late in the day.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
toobs
Giant

Post by toobs »

Bout 10-15 people in line for the 8pm RSVP
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

http://www.sanrio.com/designer_collections_art_prints/

Saturday night and you are reading the giant board? Well good news for you, the link above is live with some of the prints from the Hello Kitty show. No Shard Fairey, but Simone Legno (toki doki), Dabs Myla, 3 Pose prints and more including the book are up for sale NOW. Go get them before they are gone.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stickee
Giant

Post by stickee »

Cute prints...but I don't think they are screen prints like it says in the description *unless they are cmyk process screenprints
when it snows in your nose you catch cold in your brain
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

stickee wrote:Cute prints...but I don't think they are screen prints like it says in the description *unless they are cmyk process screenprints
These are the prints that are being sold at the Known Gallery tonight and tomorrow. I'll let you know when the ones I ordered arrive.