david stern is an idiot/ AKA NBA 2012 season

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
jwoods103
Giant

Re: david stern is an idiot/ AKA NBA 2012 season

Post by jwoods103 »

Dan Gilbert is an asshat. First he gets butthurt over lebron and writes the infamous clevland will win a ring before lebron. Second he complains to David Stern over the CP3 trade to the lakers because it would cause the lakers to be too good and the trade would be too good for the lakers (getting players and shedding $). Now he is going to help the Nets and Magic as the 3rd team to send Dwight to the Nets creating another super team. If he goes through with this the league should just kick him out, hypocracy and and just plain d-baggary

ASSHAT
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

I saw your post on facebook and I agree. What a joke. Also this clearly doesn't bode well for the Sixers going after Dwight in 2013.
Who's got my old stickers?
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

If david stern veto's this I quit life.

LAKESHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

bring out the haters

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
displaced bear
Propaganda Engineer

Post by displaced bear »

jwoods103 wrote:If david stern veto's this I quit life.

LAKESHOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

bring out the haters
i hope stern vetoes this for "basketball reasons".

that's a dumb trade by the magic and denver is helping for no reason. magic get 3 protected first round picks (all playoff teams so picks will be out of the lottery anyhow and 2 of them are for 2015 and 2017 nonetheless), harrington, afflalo, vucevic, harkless and only get rid of richardson's bad contract. the trade proposal with the rockets pre-draft was better, heck maybe even the nets trade would've been better.

denver only gets iguodala for getting rid of harrington and afflalo when they have no cap issues? don't they have too many wing players already?

another steal by the lakers. just like when they traded for pau (marc gasol and peanuts). then nash (for a couple late first rounders). and now howard (bynum+protected first rounder).

at least last year's chris paul deal that got nixed made sense for all parties involved. this is just garbage.
Solar
Giant

Post by Solar »

I don't care about the Lakers, Nuggets Magic or Howard, but as as Sixers fan, I love this deal.
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

Same!
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

I'm not a fan of any of the teams but like the fact that at least the Lakers may be able to challenge the Heat.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

jjttdw wrote:I'm not a fan of any of the teams but like the fact that at least the Lakers may be able to challenge the Heat.
They have to get through the Thunder first.

With my wife being from LA and myself being a Spurs fan...this is gonna be a tough NBA season.
Last edited by Shonquan on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samuraiwriter
Propaganda Engineer

Post by samuraiwriter »

Shonquan wrote:
jjttdw wrote:I'm not a fan of any of the teams but like the fact that at least the Lakers may be able to challenge the Heat.
They have to get through the Thunder first.

With my being from LA and myself being a Spurs fan...this is gonna be a tough NBA season.

Dwight's back is in bad shape, hopefully trading Bynum's knees for Dwight's back is a gamble that pays off. The way he plays, all power and no finesse means he gets whacked... hard and often. His back cannot hold up to that kind of abuse. He better work on his footwork and shot, otherwise :P

I detest #12, happy to see him go and even happier we did NOT get Bynum. Rebuilding will take time, I'm cool with that. Hopefully we (the Magic) dump a bunch of these new contracts so we can really stink up the joint and get some lottery love next year. :lol:
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

interesting to hear eveyrone else's take. I do think that the 76ers got the best of this deal, but it all depends on if Bynum wants to continue to park in handicap spaces, throw cheap shots, and shoot 3's all game. Howards back is a problem, but I would much rather have howards back than bynum's attitude and knees. Dont know what the magic were thinking, they had a better offer with more pics cap room and everything with houston. Those pick they got are all protected and the lakers are a deep playoof team, the nuggests are a playoff team, and the 76ers are probably at least a 2nd round team - those pics are going to be no where near the lottery anytime.

jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

bumping this up.

Happy day in laker land Mike Brown got the axe

jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

jwoods103 wrote:bumping this up.

I hope they bring Phil back
jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

jwoods103 wrote:bumping this up.

Is it a happy day now that the LA braintrusts hired Mike play no D' Antoni? I predict the Lakers will be fun to watch all the way up until they get eliminated in the playoffs (round 2)
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

Solar wrote:I don't care about the Lakers, Nuggets Magic or Howard, but as as Sixers fan, I love this deal.

how you feeling about this deal now? lol.... sorry... after living in LA with Bynum.... i was happy to let someone else deal with his shenanigans. Last I heard, he may not even play this year? < is that right? ec
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

easycraig wrote:
Solar wrote:I don't care about the Lakers, Nuggets Magic or Howard, but as as Sixers fan, I love this deal.

how you feeling about this deal now? lol.... sorry... after living in LA with Bynum.... i was happy to let someone else deal with his shenanigans. Last I heard, he may not even play this year? < is that right? ec
he is out 5 more weeks or so, they are talking about possible January return. I hope this hair never leaves

halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

I can't believe he effed his knee up bowling. Love the hair though, hope he goes full afro.
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

halopigg wrote:I can't believe he effed his knee up bowling. Love the hair though, hope he goes full afro.
he did what?

analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

He can buff the floor with that hair as a janitor when everyone is done taking chances on him.
Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

analogtrash wrote:He can buff the floor with that hair as a janitor when everyone is done taking chances on him.
burn
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

Shonquan wrote:
analogtrash wrote:He can buff the floor with that hair as a janitor when everyone is done taking chances on him.
burn

Shonquan
Giant

Post by Shonquan »

David Stern talking about imposing sanctions against the Spurs for Popovich resting Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Danny Green last night. Absolutely ridiculous!
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

So stupid. It's only because it was against the almighty Heat.
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

halopigg wrote:So stupid. It's only because it was against the almighty Heat.
or on national tv

jjttdw
Mono Enojado

Post by jjttdw »

Shonquan wrote:David Stern talking about imposing sanctions against the Spurs for Popovich resting Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Danny Green last night. Absolutely ridiculous!
As thread is title says "David Stern is an idiot."
jwoods103
Giant

Post by jwoods103 »

jjttdw wrote:
Shonquan wrote:David Stern talking about imposing sanctions against the Spurs for Popovich resting Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Danny Green last night. Absolutely ridiculous!
As thread is title says "David Stern is an idiot."
at least he is stepping down in a year or so