Beautiful Losers on eBay

Classified ads for those selling merchandise on external sites.
Perplexed
Punk

Beautiful Losers on eBay

Post by Perplexed »

Hi there,

Has anyone had any dealing with Japan-based Beautiful_Losers on ebay?

They're selling Obey Air:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

But they're saying it's number 15/150

However I had a look at their back sales and they sold 15/150 to someone back in July.

It might just be that they're too lazy to amend their listing but it does make me wonder. They've sold dodgy Banksy canvases and suspect Banksy prints before yet they have 100% postive feedback.

Anyone?

Nick + Beautiful Losers = Perplexed (again)
noverflow
I think I started this

Re: Beautiful Losers on eBay

Post by noverflow »

Not sure why there would be 2 of the same number, but I can assure you that he is only the one of the best ebay sellers out there.

So good in fact, he has his own wiki entry.
see here

Perplexed wrote:Hi there,

However I had a look at their back sales and they sold 15/150 to someone back in July.

It might just be that they're too lazy to amend their listing but it does make me wonder. They've sold dodgy Banksy canvases and suspect Banksy prints before yet they have 100% postive feedback.

Anyone?

I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
Perplexed
Punk

Re: Beautiful Losers on eBay

Post by Perplexed »

noverflow wrote:Not sure why there would be 2 of the same number, but I can assure you that he is only the one of the best ebay sellers out there.

So good in fact, he has his own wiki entr[url=http://www.thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Beautiful_Losers#eBay_User]y.
see here[/url]

Perplexed wrote:Hi there,

Anyone?

Thanks. That's good to know.

Unfortunately he has sold fake Banksys on ebay in the past so he's name has been tarnished somewhat because of that. But if you can vouch for him it's very possible he sold them without realising that they were fake.

It can be a pretty confusing market at times. Even to the semi-initiated.

N
rotten
Propaganda Engineer

Post by rotten »

yeah, most of the banksy collector's dont' trust him at all, but i've bought a couple obey prints from him in the past and they were fine....apparently a while back he bought a sh*tload of them, but you may want to ask him why he's selling the same # again...one of those weird situations where i've heard nothing but bad things from the banksy collectors and nothing but good from the obey side....
Perplexed
Punk

Post by Perplexed »

I have emailed him but no reply so far.

Maybe he can smell the Banksy forum on me.... :wink:
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

Perplexed wrote:I have emailed him but no reply so far.

Maybe he can smell the Banksy forum on me.... :wink:

Yeah, banksy forum is a fun/funny place :)

a little more low key than the Banksy ebay forum, which can get pretty testy....though, i like the Micallef info. i get from there....

I wouldn't go near Losers with a ten-foot poll for banksy's, but his Obey stuff has been perfect(i've bought quite a lot from him)....

He also has had some transactions with Ducky Waddles, who had been selling wholesale to him for a while(with Obey permission)....Jerry acquired a Beatles set from Losers in the past....

all in all, probably a lazy listing error....