Ministry of Information -Behind the scenes of Obey!

News and information coming direct to you from Obey
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Ministry of Information -Behind the scenes of Obey!

Post by whyhoo »

TheOmethod wrote:
jak88 wrote:What would the "dance floor" prints look like?

Metal I can imagine.
Dance floor is more general. Think megaphone, bass in your face, high fidelity, peace bomber.

the roof is on fire!!
on point like a decimalist?
jak88
Giant

Post by jak88 »

TheOmethod wrote:
jak88 wrote:What would the "dance floor" prints look like?

Metal I can imagine.
Dance floor is more general. Think megaphone, bass in your face, high fidelity, peace bomber.
Thx K! Got it.
wiredbeans
Propaganda Engineer

Post by wiredbeans »

o boy...very exciting!!!
Thanks O, can't wait for the pics.

but how does one have a chance at this. I'm all doom.
even still it's all very fun to look forward to! over the top fun!
wetpaint
Swindler

Post by wetpaint »

notudon wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:Box set: 2 versions ( one dance floor and one metal) - 36 signed and numbered prints, sticker sheet, stencil, a surprise, and a certificate of authenticity. Each will come in an embossed, gold leafed box( two different boxes for the two editions). Theses are being hand assembled and a huge undertaking considering the we are dealing with 72 prints total between the editions. Price to be announced. A small quanity will be released on OG.com. Some will be sold at the opening. Photos to follow soon. Each edition is 150
WOW :shock: 72 prints. That's like a year of prints being released in each set. I wonder what the price per set is going to be? $1,500-$2,000 maybe, that would be $40-$55 per print. Th excitement builds.
WHOAH, Hold your horses brotha. We're talking 36 - 12"x12" prints, not 36 - 18"x24" prints, which should make this much more affordable than a 36 print set of 18x24. You can fit 4 12x12s within a 18x24 and still have room. This set should be anywhere between 450-600, but nowhere near 1.5-2k. Thats just outrageous for taking 36 old used cover albums and stenciling/customizing them. My guess is 600. We should know soon enough.
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

wetpaint wrote:
notudon wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:Box set: 2 versions ( one dance floor and one metal) - 36 signed and numbered prints, sticker sheet, stencil, a surprise, and a certificate of authenticity. Each will come in an embossed, gold leafed box( two different boxes for the two editions). Theses are being hand assembled and a huge undertaking considering the we are dealing with 72 prints total between the editions. Price to be announced. A small quanity will be released on OG.com. Some will be sold at the opening. Photos to follow soon. Each edition is 150
WOW :shock: 72 prints. That's like a year of prints being released in each set. I wonder what the price per set is going to be? $1,500-$2,000 maybe, that would be $40-$55 per print. Th excitement builds.
WHOAH, Hold your horses brotha. We're talking 36 - 12"x12" prints, not 36 - 18"x24" prints, which should make this much more affordable than a 36 print set of 18x24. You can fit 4 12x12s within a 18x24 and still have room. This set should be anywhere between 450-600, but nowhere near 1.5-2k. Thats just outrageous for taking 36 old used cover albums and stenciling/customizing them. My guess is 600. We should know soon enough.
that's the range i was thinking too - 6-7 bills.
on point like a decimalist?
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

whyhoo wrote:
wetpaint wrote:
notudon wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:Box set: 2 versions ( one dance floor and one metal) - 36 signed and numbered prints, sticker sheet, stencil, a surprise, and a certificate of authenticity. Each will come in an embossed, gold leafed box( two different boxes for the two editions). Theses are being hand assembled and a huge undertaking considerinthe we are dealing with 72 prints total between the editions. Price to be announced. A small quanity will be released on OG.com. Some will be sold at the opening. Photos to follow soon. Each edition is 150
I hope you both are right. This is an art show release and I thought it would be more gallery priced than general release priced. Under $1000 would put me in the hunt for them (at least the dance set). Over that it would take some thought.

Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Backpackpunk
Giant

Post by Backpackpunk »

notudon wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
wetpaint wrote:
notudon wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:Box set: 2 versions ( one dance floor and one metal) - 36 signed and numbered prints, sticker sheet, stencil, a surprise, and a certificate of authenticity. Each will come in an embossed, gold leafed box( two different boxes for the two editions). Theses are being hand assembled and a huge undertaking considerinthe we are dealing with 72 prints total between the editions. Price to be announced. A small quanity will be released on OG.com. Some will be sold at the opening. Photos to follow soon. Each edition is 150
I hope you both are right. This is an art show release and I thought it would be more gallery priced than general release priced. Under $1000 would put me in the hunt for them (at least the dance set). Over that it would take some thought.

So you think each print is worth 16.66 not taking into account the packaging and extras?

I think if the set is less then 25.00 per print it is insane. just think of the value of buying and breaking up the set and selling each print. Do you think any of these will sell for less then 25 each?

$1000-1200.00 feels like a very fair price anything less is just too good.
random message board post about art wrote: This past weekend I briefly visited a room that had three faithful reproductions of Duchamp's Fountain. Not only did I notice, I used one of them. It's so interesting because the work tells the truth.
itsniceouthtere wrote:yeah because we all know how intricate and deep the meaning within street art can be. If anything, street art is the MOST LITERAL FORM OF ART! if street art has made any negative impression on society today, its that it has made every 13 yr old with $100 and an eBay account into an art know-it-all.
Jason Filipow wrote: "MBW was that last bit of dead weight that broke the rear axle of the street art bandwagon."
http://www.shuffleandcut.com
kuehnph
Posse

Post by kuehnph »

So I was thinking with 36 prints in 300 sets, Shepard had to sign his name 10,800 times! :shock:
easycraig
Giant

Post by easycraig »

if you run the numbers on prints alone... 18x24 is 432 inches... normal cost is $45. $45 divided by 432 is .1041666 per inch.

12x12 = 144 inches x .1041666 = $14.99 a print.

36 prints in a box 36 x $15 = $540. < thats prints alone.... Kyle spoke of stickers/stencil and a surprise... along with packaging ... -pending the cost of the surprise.... i would be very happy with a price anywhere around $750....give or take $100..... but pending on the unknowns.... it could easily be $1200-1500 a box..... lol ec

looking forward to these!

ps... you cannot fit 4 12x12 into 1 18x24....
A New Hot Girl Joins the Giant.org every minute!
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

Here are some preview shots of the box sets.

The two boxes:

The set includes a sticker sheet and a stencil that is still under production: ImageImageThe large format record covers are wrapped in the brown paper :) ImageImage
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Any large format shots? Well keen for getting 1 of both of these. :)
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

The price speculation is interesting..Ill let the conversation continue before I list the price
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

WOWEEEE!
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

slidingaround wrote:Any large format shots? Well keen for getting 1 of both of these. :)

I posted an HPM shot last week, we have not unwrapped them yet, so no!

The show next Saturday should be epic.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

TheOmethod wrote:
slidingaround wrote:Any large format shots? Well keen for getting 1 of both of these. :)

I posted an HPM shot last week, we have not unwrapped them yet, so no!

The show next Saturday should be epic.
Cool, I'm really amped on these. A great idea. Thanks for posting pics and keeping us informed. ;)
kuehnph
Posse

Post by kuehnph »

TheOmethod wrote:The price speculation is interesting..Ill let the conversation continue before I list the price

I'm going to guess $700 but only because I'm hopeful it's that low. I'm going to say these will be priced above 1K.

Can the person closest to the actual retail price get one for free? :lol:
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

Post by MarshMan65 »

kuehnph wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:The price speculation is interesting..Ill let the conversation continue before I list the price

I'm going to guess $700 but only because I'm hopeful it's that low. I'm going to say these will be priced above 1K.

+1!!!

Which set is going to have the surfer in it?
"save a pretzel for the gas jets!"
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

MarshMan65 wrote:
kuehnph wrote:

+1!!!

Both sets will. One set he is riding a record, one he is riding a bomb
MarshMan65
Propaganda Engineer

Post by MarshMan65 »

TheOmethod wrote:
MarshMan65 wrote:
kuehnph wrote:

+1!!!

Both sets will. One set he is riding a record, one he is riding a bomb
Thanks O!!!! Im guessing the Metal set will feature the bomb one?
"save a pretzel for the gas jets!"
Cookie Head
Giant

Post by Cookie Head »

easycraig wrote: i would be very happy with a price anywhere around $750....give or take $100...
I think you are right on the money here, probably $850 or so I'm guessing.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Cookie Head wrote:
easycraig wrote: i would be very happy with a price anywhere around $750....give or take $100...
I think you are right on the money here, probably $850 or so I'm guessing.
Count me in!
Giant

Post by 843 »

Thanks for the pics/info O! Love the Eagle Mountian box, I'm a sucker for cool packaging!! This is prob the most stoked ive been for a release in ages. Fingers crossed for a price I can make happen.
Last edited by 843 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

awsome awesome awesome, Thanks so much Kyle! I'm guessing around $800 too. anyone want to pick up my faile flag to help me grab one ;)
nrgball@hotmail.com
Swindler

Post by nrgball@hotmail.com »

I'm gonna guess $1200-$1500 range. I just wonder if any will be released over the net. Fingers crossed.