Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
von_sieben
Punk

Re: Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Post by von_sieben »

vvk wrote:peeps. most of us live in the greatest country on earth
oho..
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

QKocur wrote:
Poster Child Prints: Everyone who is waiting- I would go to bed. Its clearly not ready yet, as it just shut down again. It will be an all niter for us here again. Last time I closed my eyes was Sunday night. I am going to start praying to the internet gods! If anyone has more sophisticated ideas of how to get this working ASAP, please email me separately: info@posterchildprints.com
thanks
Sonja
What a joke!!! Couldn't they have said this 10 hours ago???
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases. Pcp knew this was going to be popular and made many adjustments to accommodate a major increase in traffic. Sonja consulted og and its crew many times about all of the steps she was taking to make sure everyone was happy. She knew this was a serious release and even planned minor details like sending herself mock packages to figure out what packing method was the safest.

Sonja has given everything she has to make Pcp the best print house around. She is a passionate art collector that wants to put amazing art in peoples hands. Cut her a break and move on if you don't like the process these prints are taking. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. For those that are patient, you will be quite happy with these amazing pieces.
Nothing should surprise u om...look at the most recent banksy release @ pow & see what happens when u have a product that's in demand...better yet, a product that's worth much more on the secondary market in a depressed economy. I hate to break it to u but we all don't live in a happy go lucky seaside fantasy like Cali town where nothing is wrong & everything is perfect! Lol
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

Fidelito wrote: Nothing should surprise u om...look at the most recent banksy release @ pow & see what happens when u have a product that's in demand...better yet, a product that's worth much more on the secondary market in a depressed economy. I hate to break it to u but we all don't live in a happy go lucky seaside fantasy like Cali town where nothing is wrong & everything is perfect! Lol
You'd be better off leaving out your comment about Cali. The first part of what you said I understand, but I'd also qualify it as a "Flipper's perspective".
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

tlh1005 wrote:
Fidelito wrote: Nothing should surprise u om...look at the most recent banksy release @ pow & see what happens when u have a product that's in demand...better yet, a product that's worth much more on the secondary market in a depressed economy. I hate to break it to u but we all don't live in a happy go lucky seaside fantasy like Cali town where nothing is wrong & everything is perfect! Lol
You'd be better off leaving out your comment about Cali. The first part of what you said I understand, but I'd also qualify it as a "Flipper's perspective".
Far from a flipper! Never sold anything. Just the point that this is reality & often times, people overlook it! Anyway, if flipping was as big of an issue, it could easily be resolved...easily! Sometimes i leads me to believe there's some insider trading going on...just like good ole wall st...lol
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Ugh... just awoke and ready for more abuse... worst drop of the last two years hands down... but I really want to change the color scheme in my living room :wink:
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Fidelito wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases. Pcp knew this was going to be popular and made many adjustments to accommodate a major increase in traffic. Sonja consulted og and its crew many times about all of the steps she was taking to make sure everyone was happy. She knew this was a serious release and even planned minor details like sending herself mock packages to figure out what packing method was the safest.

Sonja has given everything she has to make Pcp the best print house around. She is a passionate art collector that wants to put amazing art in peoples hands. Cut her a break and move on if you don't like the process these prints are taking. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. For those that are patient, you will be quite happy with these amazing pieces.
Nothing should surprise u om...look at the most recent banksy release @ pow & see what happens when u have a product that's in demand...better yet, a product that's worth much more on the secondary market in a depressed economy. I hate to break it to u but we all don't live in a happy go lucky seaside fantasy like Cali town where nothing is wrong & everything is perfect! Lol
You haven't posted a single positive thing yet.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Fidelito wrote:
tlh1005 wrote:
Far from a flipper! Never sold anything. Just the point that this is reality & often times, people overlook it! Anyway, if flipping was as big of an issue, it could easily be resolved...easily! Sometimes i leads me to believe there's some insider trading going on...just like good ole wall st...lol
In one post you preach about reality and then say flipping could easily be resolved. Here's a little dose of reality for you, flipping can never be resolved as long as there is demand.
libertarian
Propaganda Engineer

Post by libertarian »

fribhey wrote:...flipping can never be resolved as long as there is demand.
The pivot point is price. The higher the price the lower (or zero) demand becomes.

If these were $500 for the set, no web site problems. At $185, for small reissues, interest/demand I understand but I'm surprised at the meltdown.

I don't think there's that much fast juice on a flip here. Kind of likely they'll settle in over time at around $225-$300 for the set. Out of the gate? Maybe $300 in January. Not worth waiting up days/nights for, so flippers...think about what you're really after here. Collectors? If you can afford $250ish, and this debacle drags on, maybe waiting for a desperate eBay flipper is the way to go.
alwaysalx
Propaganda Engineer

Post by alwaysalx »

fidelito, you have a miserable outlook on life. no poster set should cause you or others this much duress.
pcp are doing their best to fix the issue, their communication may be shitt but i am pretty sure they are up to their eyeballs in trouble shooting this to help us have a happy xmas.
happy holidays everyone, even fidelito
'the best things in life, are not things!
Optimus Rabbit
Propaganda Engineer

Post by Optimus Rabbit »

Fidelito wrote: I hate to break it to u but we all don't live in a happy go lucky seaside fantasy like Cali town where nothing is wrong & everything is perfect! Lol
Yeah nothing's going wrong in California right now :roll: . Just remain Kalm buddy.
melotime
Punk

Post by melotime »

cant believe these didnt go up in the middle of the night, amazing that we all wasted a day on this one
1fasttruck
Swindler

Post by 1fasttruck »

Nice pics on the blog now...

http://posterchildprints.com/blog/
cokes
Punk

Post by cokes »

1fasttruck wrote:Nice pics on the blog now...

Thanks for the heads up ftruck - maybe we can have some discussion re: the prints for a change?

What does everyone think about the size? How does everyone plan to frame them?

When Omethod was talking about the more fragile paper, does anyone have any inside on this? I think I've got some of the Rive in my spare room and it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

I like the COAs - looks like PCP have put some effort into them.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

They look a little neon in that first image
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

cokes wrote:

Thanks for the heads up ftruck - maybe we can have some discussion re: the prints for a change?

When Omethod was talking about the more fragile paper, does anyone have any inside on this? I think I've got some of the Rive in my spare room and it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

They are on rives heavyweight which is more of a fine art paper - it is not fragile. Rice paper is fragile, rives heavyweight isn't
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

QKocur wrote:
Poster Child Prints: Everyone who is waiting- I would go to bed. Its clearly not ready yet, as it just shut down again. It will be an all niter for us here again. Last time I closed my eyes was Sunday night. I am going to start praying to the internet gods! If anyone has more sophisticated ideas of how to get this working ASAP, please email me separately: info@posterchildprints.com
thanks
Sonja
Where was that posted?
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

fribhey wrote:
cokes wrote:

They are on rives heavyweight which is more of a fine art paper - it is not fragile. Rice paper is fragile, rives heavyweight isn't
Doesn't it scratch more easily than the normal paper though?
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

Optimus Rabbit wrote:Just remain Kalm buddy.
Exactly.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

QKocur wrote:

The white balance is way off in almost every one of those photos. The black in the one shot of peace fingers looks purple.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

cybernigel wrote:
QKocur wrote:
thanks
Sonja
Where was that posted?
on the facebook page at 3.30ish est last night
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

QKocur wrote:
fribhey wrote:
cokes wrote:

What's normal paper? Rives heavyweight (depending on the actual weight of the paper) is similar, if not the same paper, as banksy's trolleys, morons, donuts and faile's vanity and flag print. It's nice paper, it's my preferred printing paper but it's also way more expensive than the paper Shepard uses.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

fribhey wrote:
QKocur wrote:
fribhey wrote:
cokes wrote:

What's normal paper?
the speckled paper we have become accustomed over the last couple years to having our obey prints on
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

fribhey wrote:
QKocur wrote:

The white balance is way off in almost every one of those photos. The black in the one shot of peace fingers looks purple.
These are purple. Shepard's shirt is black in that photo.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

truthiness wrote:
fribhey wrote:
QKocur wrote:

These are purple. Shepard's shirt is black in that photo.
I was refering to the lime green color that is generated from viewing the light blue and orangeish pinwheel at a distance... especially at the point