Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
rosstierney
Punk

Re: Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Post by rosstierney »

wow, this is still going on? why don't they just set up a dedicated big cartel? :?
jandrisani
Posse

Post by jandrisani »

truthiness wrote:Every time you guys mention 'ducks', I go to waddles. Reflex, I guess.
thats where it should be.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

Will be interested to see if the new server is at the same host or not. Same host this might not take that long... new host, might get a little more tricky.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
halopigg
Giant

Post by halopigg »

truthiness wrote:It's going to be an old school, shaky server, drop. I like!

you were right.
Who's got my old stickers?
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

Can't they just setup a redirect to the Obey site? This would be over in a few minutes. There was a print release about a year ago that redirected back to Obey.
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

Not very reassuring that the 'Free Site Move' button on the hosting company's website doesn't work, lol.

http://www.handsonwebhosting.com/
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
Luca5446
Punk

Post by Luca5446 »

at this point does anyone think it will happen tonight, or is this another day of checking while at work?????
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

GiantTarHeel wrote:Can't they just setup a redirect to the Obey site? This would be over in a few minutes. There was a print release about a year ago that redirected back to Obey.
didn't smokey robinson have obeygiant set up purchase links but could only be accessed from a specific link and not have them appear on the product page?
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

fribhey wrote:
GiantTarHeel wrote:Can't they just setup a redirect to the Obey site? This would be over in a few minutes. There was a print release about a year ago that redirected back to Obey.
didn't smokey robinson have obeygiant set up purchase links but could only be accessed from a specific link and not have them appear on the product page?

i think it was Bad Brains 2
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

everytime i get a new email I choke on my cigar smoke. im out at midnight
Lifted193
Swindler

Post by Lifted193 »

rlbchef wrote:everytime i get a new email I choke on my cigar smoke. im out at midnight
Good idea...I think I'll light one up too while we continue to play this waiting game!
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Post by TheOmethod »

I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases. Pcp knew this was going to be popular and made many adjustments to accommodate a major increase in traffic. Sonja consulted og and its crew many times about all of the steps she was taking to make sure everyone was happy. She knew this was a serious release and even planned minor details like sending herself mock packages to figure out what packing method was the safest.

Sonja has given everything she has to make Pcp the best print house around. She is a passionate art collector that wants to put amazing art in peoples hands. Cut her a break and move on if you don't like the process these prints are taking. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. For those that are patient, you will be quite happy with these amazing pieces.
CBjornson
Punk

Post by CBjornson »

TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases. Pcp knew this was going to be popular and made many adjustments to accommodate a major increase in traffic. Sonja consulted og and its crew many times about all of the steps she was taking to make sure everyone was happy. She knew this was a serious release and even planned minor details like sending herself mock packages to figure out what packing method was the safest.

Sonja has given everything she has to make Pcp the best print house around. She is a passionate art collector that wants to put amazing art in peoples hands. Cut her a break and move on if you don't like the process these prints are taking. Nobody is forcing you to buy them. For those that are patient, you will be quite happy with these amazing pieces.
All I want to know is if they're coming tonight still. Any insight?
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

CBjornson wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases. Pcp knew this was going to be popular and made many adjustments to accommodate a major increase in traffic. Sonja consulted og and its crew many times about all of the steps she was taking to make sure everyone was happy. She knew this was a serious release and even planned minor details like sending herself mock packages to figure out what packing method was the safest.

That's the least they could do for us!
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases.
You can only be so abusive, so long, in so many different forms toward your most passionate fans before their behavior degrades. The scorned tend to turn the nastiest.
RiotAct
Swindler

Post by RiotAct »

mose wrote:
TheOmethod wrote:I understand peoples frustrations but I am disappointed to see how sarcastic and nasty some people get over these releases.
You can only be so abusive, so long, in so many different forms toward your most passionate fans before their behavior degrades. The scorned tend to turn in to the dirtiest fighters.
I wouldn't call this fiasco 'abusive'... sort of incompetent, maybe...
mose
Subcomandante Emeritus

Post by mose »

RiotAct wrote:
mose wrote:
You can only be so abusive, so long, in so many different forms toward your most passionate fans before their behavior degrades. The scorned tend to turn in to the dirtiest fighters.
Patterns of behavior dating back years.
synecdoche
Posse

Post by synecdoche »

Fidelito wrote:
CBjornson wrote:

why do they need to tell you? Didn't they say 12/22/10? It's still that date in California. Even if they decide to release it on 12/22/12, they don't need to tell you. They don't need to do anything.
rlbchef
Giant

Post by rlbchef »

im thinking a few members will be getting coal in their stockings this year from how they are acting :lol:

"its only ink on paper" someone said. not a high chance most of us will score, no need to name call or sh!t on Sonja. either ride it out or go enjoy the holiday
Last edited by rlbchef on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBjornson
Punk

Post by CBjornson »

synecdoche wrote:
Fidelito wrote:
CBjornson wrote:

why do they need to tell you? Didn't they say 12/22/10? It's still that date in California. Even if they decide to release it on 12/22/12, they don't need to tell you. They don't need to do anything.
Except common courtesy. I understand that they've really taken a beating today with servers and whatnot, but they haven't updated ANYTHING in about 3 hours. We're customers here. Just a tweet or a new post on the pcp page would be enough.
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

mose wrote:
People have put their lives & work on hold for these today...& during the holidays at that when family time is far more important than 3 pieces of paper! A little info on behalf of pcp would have been nice. It's not our fault this was handled the way it was...obvious rookie mistakes...a crepe server/hosting being the biggest culprit on the long list
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

rlbchef wrote:im thinking a few members will be getting coal in their stockings this year from how they are acting :lol:
lol
RiotAct
Swindler

Post by RiotAct »

I sort of agree with Little Fidel
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

RiotAct wrote:I sort of agree with Little Fidel
Molotov Man
Black Book Gallery

Post by Molotov Man »

mose wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
mose wrote:
Patterns of behavior dating back years.
Not sure what else would be expected. I agree with Mose that people have been dealing with "server" issues for years, combine that with the rookies and sh1t is going to hit the fan when something like this happens.

Omethod, I think you are just adding fuel to the fire, saying these prints are so amazing. You haven't seen sarcastic and nasty yet, wait until it drops and the people that have been online for 10+ hours miss out.