Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
jwoods103
Giant

Re: Poster Child Prints x OBEY x Peace Series Prints

Post by jwoods103 »

perkinsus wrote:There's no chance we'll get the emails before the release.

unless they announce a drop time in an email for later
Check out what i have for sale or trade and my wants:

http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=2222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

QKocur wrote:
Poster Child Prints As mentioned, we are working on getting our entire website transferred to a dedicated server. We are expecting many large releases this upcoming year so it's something that we didn't think would have to be done this soon but would have needed it sooner or later. It DOES take a very long time to make this transition. I hate to have people wait around another day so we are still aiming at getting these out tonight- I just cannot commit to a time at this point as there are many variables that have yet to be sorted. Either way we will be using an email blast to notify people of the release, so if you are not currently signed up on the list- please visit the website and sign-up.

Thank you again for your continued patience and interest!
Best, Sonja

Dear Sonja,

Put this message on your current web page.

Sincerely,

Us

Or as someone said on FB, just throw this up on a big cartel site real quick as a temporary solution until you can get your ducks in a row. 150 prints sold. Boom. In and out. Use once and dispose.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
1fasttruck
Swindler

Post by 1fasttruck »

For updates on the OBEY print release, make sure you are signed up on the email list. People on the list will be notified first
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

ugh... the girlfriend will be getting back from Zoomba soon... Then all is lost...
cokes
Punk

Post by cokes »

1fasttruck wrote:
For updates on the OBEY print release, make sure you are signed up on the email list. People on the list will be notified first
Sounds like they're in a flat spin regardless and an email list is prob the least of their concerns :D
1fasttruck
Swindler

Post by 1fasttruck »

cokes wrote:
1fasttruck wrote:
Sounds like they're in a flat spin regardless and an email list is prob the least of their concerns :D

That is their latest "tweet"
perkinsus
Posse

Post by perkinsus »

impending present participle of im·pend (Verb)
1. Be about to happen: "my impending departure".
Last edited by perkinsus on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

Why rush to release the print while the newsletter email list is growing... Just a thought.
Despinetta
Posse

Post by Despinetta »

"About to happen" in geologic time....
"Someday my prints will come....." - Blanca, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
melotime
Punk

Post by melotime »

rumspring wrote:Why rush to release the print while the newsletter email list is growing... Just a thought.

funny you say that, once it hit 5pm here I started to think that myself
Last edited by melotime on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldfartatplay
Swindler

Post by oldfartatplay »

if she can post that on their fb site, WHY CAN'T SHE SEND THE EMAIL TO THE PEOPLE THAT "SINGED UP" FOR UPDATES? :evil:
sonjateri
Punk

Post by sonjateri »

I headed this way to share what I wrote on FB and Twitter but I see it was taken care of...Here's some additions and to clarity...

Just wanted to say on behalf of PCP that we are truly sorry for the server failure today. We are a small company growing fast and we prepared for heavy traffic but it reached levels today that we were not anticipating, whatsoever. We switched servers twice and had the website crash twice. We are currently in the process of transferring the entire website to a dedicated server which is a pretty long ordeal but will prevent future interruptions like this from happening. With some other large releases prepared for this year- it was probably necessary anyways.

We really appreciate the interest in the edition and I am more frustrated then anyone that we haven't been able to get things moving along. Please know that we are working our hardest to get this taken care of and at this time we're not comfortable committing to a time the transfer will be complete. Therefore the best bet is to sign up for our mailing list and be notified when we drop the print.

Again- your patience is greatly appreciated,
best,

Sonja
http://posterchildprints.com/
http://www.sonjateri.com/
perkinsus
Posse

Post by perkinsus »

sonjateri wrote:I headed this way to share what I wrote on FB and Twitter but I see it was taken care of...Here's some additions and to clarity...

Just wanted to say on behalf of PCP that we are truly sorry for the server failure today. We are a small company growing fast and we prepared for heavy traffic but it reached levels today that we were not anticipating, whatsoever. We switched servers twice and had the website crash twice. We are currently in the process of transferring the entire website to a dedicated server which is a pretty long ordeal but will prevent future interruptions like this from happening. With some other large releases prepared for this year- it was probably necessary anyways.

We really appreciate the interest in the edition and I am more frustrated then anyone that we haven't been able to get things moving along. Please know that we are working our hardest to get this taken care of and at this time we're not comfortable committing to a time the transfer will be complete. Therefore the best bet is to sign up for our mailing list and be notified when we drop the print.

best,

Sonja
Ok, you still didn't tell us anything new. Should we sit here all night and expect the print to come out, or will it be on a later date?

Pretty unprofessional, I must say.
jandrisani
Posse

Post by jandrisani »

doesnt sound very promising of anything happening soon.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

jandrisani wrote:doesnt sound very promising of anything happening soon.
No it doesn't... itd be nice if they just told us they'd email us 30 min before droptime or something and then we could all stop refreshing...
RiotAct
Swindler

Post by RiotAct »

instead of effing around with your website (which was obviously brought to its knees today), just throw the sets up on eBay and sell them there. Boom. Problem solved.
Despinetta
Posse

Post by Despinetta »

" Please know that we are working our hardest to get this taken care of and at this time we're not comfortable committing to a time the transfer will be complete."

Dear Sonja, We understand and sympathize. Eventually, however, we need to get some sleep. Could you possibly commit to an eight hour window in which you will NOT be dropping the prints? Thanks so much for your understanding, and all the best for the holiday season.
"Someday my prints will come....." - Blanca, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
truthiness
Giant

Post by truthiness »

Between this and the Kitty print, I've been pretty disappointed with the communication surrounding these drops as well. I can appreciate the holidays, putting on shows, and being busy, but how hard is it to send out a tweet? Seriously, I know they're artists, but that doesn't excuse them from providing acceptable customer service. It's just common courtesy. Call that complaining or what you will, but I stand by that opinion as someone who prides himself at under promising and over delivering. Just makes it easier for everyone involved.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell
perkinsus
Posse

Post by perkinsus »

truthiness wrote:Between this and the Kitty print, I've been pretty disappointed with the communication surrounding these drops as well. I can appreciate the holidays, putting on shows, and being busy, but how hard is it to send out a tweet? Seriously, I know they're artists, but that doesn't excuse them from providing acceptable customer service. It's just common courtesy. Call that complaining or what you will, but I stand by that opinion as someone who prides himself at under promising and over delivering. Just makes it easier for everyone involved.
They don't care because the prints are going to sell out.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

Dear Obey,
Please never let anyone else sell your prints again. We finally get a system that works why make us suffer through these experiences all over again?
Thanks,
Q
gonzo303
Punk

Post by gonzo303 »

I just got an invoice for a Pink Hello Kitty, so the chance is still there.
perkinsus
Posse

Post by perkinsus »

The best part of this is that most of the people waiting won't even get the print because so many people are watching it at this point.
cokes
Punk

Post by cokes »

1fasttruck wrote:
cokes wrote:
1fasttruck wrote:

That is their latest "tweet"
thanks ftruck... haven't signed up to their feed and don't use twitter all that often: have been keeping an eye on their fb page.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

Fidelito wrote:
fribhey wrote:Nothing like prints about peace during the holidays to bring out the worst in people ;)
Here we go...lol, the good ole web team up smart guy comments...peace bro ;-)
Can someone please explain this comment to me because it makes no sense. What's a "web team up?"
Fidelito
Punk

Post by Fidelito »

sonjateri wrote:I headed this way to share what I wrote on FB and Twitter but I see it was taken care of...Here's some additions and to clarity...

We really appreciate the interest in the edition and I am more frustrated then anyone that we haven't been able to get things moving along. Please know that we are working our hardest to get this taken care of and at this time we're not comfortable committing to a time the transfer will be complete. Therefore the best bet is to sign up for our mailing list and be notified when we drop the print

Such bs! Sonja...why don't you just give it to us straight & honest...no beating around the bush plz!

Shouldn't u have prepares for this far in advance?? Kinda pathetic IMO

best,

Sonja