OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: Obey Windmill

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Re: OFFICIAL ANTICIPATION: Obey Windmill

Post by conartstudio »

superfly snuka wrote:Looks great. Glad to see it's being made into a print. This board is turning into friggin Roger & Ebbert. We're here as fans of SF and aren't always going to like every print the dude makes. Some members every week have something to go on and on about what they dislike. How about this... beat it and let the people that appreciate SF, work appreciate it. To quote Ian MacKaye "What the F%!K have you done?".
yes, we all need to be sheep and have the same opinions.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Claw Hammer
Posse

Post by Claw Hammer »

I need one of these for my office. The additives my company sell into the coatings and bonding paste for wind mills is about the only thing keeping us afloat at the moment.
Abrogate
Giant

Post by Abrogate »

Gigantico wrote:
Abrogate wrote:
whyhoo wrote:
zanzi123 wrote:
This is the one that shep didnt make and signed.
what is this you speak of zanzi?
:?: :?:
I feel another cage match challenge coming on... :lol:

I think this is the situation zanzi is referring to. You can re-live the debate over there:

http://forum.thegiant.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hmmm. interesting.
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
superfly snuka
Propaganda Engineer

Post by superfly snuka »

fribhey wrote:
superfly snuka wrote:We're here as fans of SF and aren't always going to like every print the dude makes. Some members every week have something to go on and on about what they dislike. To quote Ian MacKaye "What the F%!K have you done?".
yes, we all need to be sheep and have the same opinions.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I never said anything about being a sheep fribhey. I clearly said everyones not going to like every thing that SF does, so how does that imply anything about having the same opinion with someone? My point is since I have to spell it out for you is that how many times do we have to hear each week about the hands or the clouds or the font or the pattern etc? Or how about when people like to do their version of the print, since apparently SF has no idea what he's doing and he's all of the sudden just winging it and calls it in, right??? Are you F -ing kidding me? My fiance looks over my shoulder when I'm on here and is like "I thought this is a fan site and yet everyone is complaining about everything". Yes this is a forum to state whatever we'd like, but since this is basically the definitive OG / SF site, its first and foremost a place where people celebrate SF / Obey art, and not really intended from what I could tell to poodle about his stuff, outside maybe UPS or the site crashing. Now that there's thousands of members and everyone an art critic I guess things have changed. If I don't like a print, guess what??? I don't try and buy it when it drops, and I don't bash it or complain or point out flaws that I see. I'm actually grateful SF produces stuff that the average person can afford and when that goes away there will be plenty for people to complain about. He's dropped several prints over the last 10 years that I don't see on my walls, but maybe there on yours, so who am I to say what's worthy of that? I know what I like, you know what you like, but does it really matter if someone doesn't like Johnny Cash's head or a font looks out of place or that HR should be bigger on the print? I personally don't think so and the print is being released regardless.

And DJSP as I totally respect your opinion, as far as Siskel & Ebbert are concerned, they're paid to do what they do and are basically experts on their profession, so that was actually a bad example for this board, outside of the galleries and some of the old school members / moderators who I never see comment on anything anymore, especially on the new release thread.
bob616
Punk

Post by bob616 »

I'm new around here, this may be a fansite but you're on a discussion board. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions.

SF is obviously doing something right if everyone of his prints have been selling out. However like you said it's not that big of a deal if you don't like it then just move on. However if those people are inclined to discuss what they dislike/like about it why is that wrong?

I mean what do you expect people to do on these forums? If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it? So you're only allowed to write in here if you like it?
Brianxyz72
Posse

Re:

Post by Brianxyz72 »

bob616 wrote:I'm new around here, this may be a fansite but you're on a discussion board. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions.

SF is obviously doing something right if everyone of his prints have been selling out. However like you said it's not that big of a deal if you don't like it then just move on. However if those people are inclined to discuss what they dislike/like about it why is that wrong?

I mean what do you expect people to do on these forums? If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it? So you're only allowed to write in here if you like it?
Bob, is your real name Heather? This sounds just like something my ex-wife would say.

Anyway...

I like the print and would be glad to get it, but the ground and windmill bases look empty and strange...like he ran out of time and thought, "Well, frankfurter it, that's about good enough, where's that damned bucket fill thingy."

Throw a couple sprigs of grass down there or something.
slidingaround
Giant

Re:

Post by slidingaround »

bob616 wrote:I'm new around here, this may be a fansite but you're on a discussion board. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions.

Great post, for god sake people this is a forum to discus art, not a place to only say nice things. :?
bob616
Punk

Re: Re:

Post by bob616 »

Brianxyz72 wrote:

Bob, is your real name Heather? This sounds just like something my ex-wife would say.

Anyway...

I like the print and would be glad to get it, but the ground and windmill bases look empty and strange...like he ran out of time and thought, "Well, frankfurter it, that's about good enough, where's that damned bucket fill thingy."

Throw a couple sprigs of grass down there or something.
Nice, you can read. By your brilliant deduction my name couldn't possibly be Bob. Instead it sounds like a feminine alias and thus leading you to the conclusion that my real name could possible be Heather. WELL DONE SHERLOCK. You cracked the case of the indecipherable screen name. As your reward you can spend 5 minutes in the corner and you can amuse yourself by thinking about how funny you are.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

superfly snuka wrote:If I don't like a print, guess what??? I don't try and buy it when it drops, and I don't bash it or complain or point out flaws that I see.
Really thats strange.
superfly snuka wrote:I can't stomach having prints that have kids with guns on them ever since we had our baby girl. Anyways I would like to see if anyone that has one of the black versions of the flower vine and wanna trade it!?!
bob616
Punk

Post by bob616 »

slidingaround wrote:
superfly snuka wrote:If I don't like a print, guess what??? I don't try and buy it when it drops, and I don't bash it or complain or point out flaws that I see.
Really thats strange.
superfly snuka wrote:I can't stomach having prints that have kids with guns on them ever since we had our baby girl. Anyways I would like to see if anyone that has one of the black versions of the flower vine and wanna trade it!?!

hahahha hypocrite.
SYPRUX
Posse

Post by SYPRUX »

Very nice print witout any text!! I will try to catch one but not to hang on my wall.
This one is very cool for my eyes and peacefull. Nice to see anymore guns and riffles!
zizou
Punk

Post by zizou »

prefer it without the text but i slightly preferred the colours on the original one but still like this so going to go for it. wish it wasnt a random drop though, its too hot to be sitting in front of a computer all day!
smartussi
Giant

Post by smartussi »

Where is the andre face, or the word obey?
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

Made up my mind, im gonna pass on this. Good luck all. :)
BigAlCapone
Giant

Post by BigAlCapone »

hjhmsp4life wrote:I'll be trying for this one. I already have evolve devolve and sunsets so I think this will go great with them. Best of luck to everyone going for this print.
Haha best of luck you'll need it punk!

:twisted:

~Big Al
melotime
Punk

Post by melotime »

I personally cant wait for this, really diggin the colors on this version sans text
mikey c
Posse

Post by mikey c »

I love the color scheme and the flower but that's about it. This looks like a "pass" week. Good luck to everyone who is going for it.
QKocur
Giant

Post by QKocur »

I actually really like this print, but in this case I wish he would have left the print the way it was (maybe add in the patterning too, gotta love that). For me its the idea of America moving forward toward energy independence thats important. Maybe an open edition offset variant?

at any rate I'm gonna pass on this one, good luck to everyone tryin!
MunkeyPants
Giant

Re:

Post by MunkeyPants »

smartussi wrote:Where is the andre face, or the word obey?
Based on purely non-scientific method, I will (delete big word) bet we start seeing more and more non-OBEY pieces.
Submit. Rapture.
jak88
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by jak88 »

MunkeyPants wrote:
smartussi wrote:Where is the andre face, or the word obey?
Based on purely non-scientific method, I will (delete big word) bet we start seeing more and more non-OBEY pieces.
Any particular reason for that?
Catarax
Swindler

Post by Catarax »

if they phase it out, o well.. all it'd do would make them more rare and examples of his old way of doing things.. i enjoy his propaganda stuff more than this new age of reason type stuff, but if he keeps doing the same thing all the time then it just gets boring... i just like when his prints have meaning and some sort of satire involved.. even tho these recent ones have meaning, they're still pretty bland and dull when it comes to the satire..
Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

gonna try!! good luck all POSSE!!!
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

I'd like them to work in the regular icon face more, seems like almost all the prints on my wall right now are reppin' the star face icon.
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

I'll try, but not sure I am going to be hovering over the site.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MunkeyPants
Giant

Post by MunkeyPants »

50% of his last 14 pieces don't have Obey or Andre on them. I'm including Wave and Venice, the Alva prints, ASSK, Johnny Cash, Windmills. If you don't count the Ernesto prints, the % jumps dramatically. To me, it seems like a logical progression to get his work further out there into a new fan base. Nothing wrong with it, just something that occurred to me.
Submit. Rapture.