Platinum Club / Diamond Club Rumors....

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
TheOmethod
Ministry of Information

Platinum Club / Diamond Club Rumors....

Post by TheOmethod »

After receiving multiple inquires, I want to put all rumors about this topic to bed.

There is no such thing as a "club" ,"subscription", secret "membership", " secret hand shake" or " hand signal" that will get you any further in the standard print releases.
whyhoo
itsame

Re: Platinum Club / Diamond Club Rumors....

Post by whyhoo »

look what ya gone and done now murk... :lol:
on point like a decimalist?
MrMurk
Black Book Gallery

Post by MrMurk »

:lol:

Good times.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" Albert Einstein

Black Book Gallery | Instagram
DunDun
Giant

Post by DunDun »

wow those eBeans dudes sure are suckers.
conartstudio wrote:the majority here enjoy art, the majority on EB enjoy profiting off of art. people become ruthless when money is involved.
cybernigel
Giant

Post by cybernigel »

The first rule of Platinum Club is never talk about Platinum Club.
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
destroyeric
Giant

Post by destroyeric »

:lol: :mrgreen:
trkr2007 wrote:so will someone let us know if this print is going to drop i need to get a haircut.....
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

I can't believe people actually believed there was one..... I bet those who thought there was one are the same who buy Mr. Brainwash prints :)

Suckers are born every minute.
Despinetta
Posse

Post by Despinetta »

Anyone who told you the truth about the secret handshake would have to kill you...
"Someday my prints will come....." - Blanca, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

second rule of platinum club: always deny the exsistance of platinum club... :wink:
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Jamessmith77
Posse

Post by Jamessmith77 »

Guys, it is possible that perhaps those responging on this board aren't aware. But I don't think the comments of nothing existing are completely true. I know for a FACT that there is a "club" that lets only certain people in (people with ties to Shep, website owners, gallery owners, etc) and that there are members on this forum. I know that they sometimes get headups to print releases before the general public. I don't know all that goes on, but in general I believe that it is really just a separate forum with a memebers only policy. BUT, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE THAT THERE IS SOME SECRET SOCIETY THAT ALWAYS GETS PRINTS EITHER EARLY OR SET ASIDE FOR THEM. I SURE AS HELL DON'T.
BrokeFromArt
Swindler

Post by BrokeFromArt »

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cheeerrrie

Pretty obvious this guy has a "platinum membership" or even better -he's got multiples of every print for sale on ebay. So you guys are just trying to keep this hush-hush-wink-wink-nudge-nudge or what?
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

BrokeFromArt wrote:http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cheeerrrie

Pretty obvious this guy has a "platinum membership" or even better -he's got multiples of every print for sale on ebay. So you guys are just trying to keep this hush-hush-wink-wink-nudge-nudge or what?
i bet if you hit buy it now on a flower vine, the one for auction disappears....
on point like a decimalist?
cheap cologne
Giant

Re:

Post by cheap cologne »

cybernigel wrote:The first rule of Platinum Club is never talk about Platinum Club.
extremeimages77 wrote:second rule of platinum club: always deny the exsistance of platinum club... :wink:
:lol: :lol:
cheap cologne
Giant

Post by cheap cologne »

BrokeFromArt wrote:http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cheeerrrie

I bought my Elephant from that dude for a crazy flipper price...
I got nervous I was gonna miss out, and that was the only one that was buy it now..
There was only 1 other one up for bid at the time.

I dunno what is up with that guy.. he gets everything.
The name on the return address for my print was different than the paypal info.
Multiple accounts?
kingburdy
Obey Addict

Post by kingburdy »

Pretty sure this guys is the platinum club president.. :lol:

mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

So this obey members jacket that I bought off ebay that was supposed to guarantee me a print on drop days is worthless? :shock:

rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

No such thing as Platinum Club??? Then I bought all those Big Proofs for nothing then? :shock: :o :wink:
toobs
Giant

Re:

Post by toobs »

Jamessmith77 wrote:Guys, it is possible that perhaps those responging on this board aren't aware. But I don't think the comments of nothing existing are completely true. I know for a FACT that there is a "club" that lets only certain people in (people with ties to Shep, website owners, gallery owners, etc) and that there are members on this forum. I know that they sometimes get headups to print releases before the general public. I don't know all that goes on, but in general I believe that it is really just a separate forum with a memebers only policy. BUT, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE THAT THERE IS SOME SECRET SOCIETY THAT ALWAYS GETS PRINTS EITHER EARLY OR SET ASIDE FOR THEM. I SURE AS HELL DON'T.
Ok, Ok heres the deal, send me a $100 and I'll send you a gold card with backend access to the OG site so you can search for drop times and direct links. $1000 gets you a platinum card which basically gets you one print every drop day for the rest of your life. You will also recieve a secret decoder ring and Big Proof varriant print :mrgreen:
I can't believe this is actually a thread
analogtrash
Giant

Post by analogtrash »

Sorry Everyone...I pm'd theOmethod relentlessly asking about how to up my status to join the elite. He must have gotten tired of it. :oops:
JVB
Giant

Post by JVB »

TheOmethod wrote:After receiving multiple inquires, I want to put all rumors about this topic to bed.

There is no such thing as a "club" ,"subscription", secret "membership", " secret hand shake" or " hand signal" that will get you any further in the standard print releases.
Yeah, but there is a secret smoke signal. :wink:
"Barbarians in fur coats are still barbarians."
-Shepard

My Collection

Collection on EB

Disclaimer: I don't edit my collections on here anymore. I prefer to be mysterious. Kind of like that burning sensation... Which one gifted me that?
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Post by tlh1005 »

Nice try TheOmethod, anyone else notice he didn't say anything about the "Titanium" club?
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybernigel
Giant

Re:

Post by cybernigel »

Jamessmith77 wrote:Guys, it is possible that perhaps those responging on this board aren't aware. But I don't think the comments of nothing existing are completely true. I know for a FACT that there is a "club" that lets only certain people in (people with ties to Shep, website owners, gallery owners, etc) and that there are members on this forum. I know that they sometimes get headups to print releases before the general public. I don't know all that goes on, but in general I believe that it is really just a separate forum with a memebers only policy. BUT, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE THAT THERE IS SOME SECRET SOCIETY THAT ALWAYS GETS PRINTS EITHER EARLY OR SET ASIDE FOR THEM. I SURE AS HELL DON'T.
I've also heard that there's a UFO behind the Hale-Bopp comet and if you kill yourself while it's passing by you can catch ride to a better world.

:wink:
The Lincoln Squirrel has been assassinated! - Kent Brockman
tlh1005
Propaganda Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by tlh1005 »

cybernigel wrote:
I've also heard that there's a UFO behind the Hale-Bopp comet and if you kill yourself while it's passing by you can catch ride to a better world.

:wink:
Why go and ruin it for the rest of us. All you're doing is tipping off the flippers on this and all of us true fans won't be able to get into the better world. Nice going a$$hole, why can't people just keep their mouths shut.
http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=7136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hangintough
Posse

Post by hangintough »

word on the street is if you turn in a flipper to obey you get "secret" rewards. if you bust the infamous el guapo "cheeerrrie" ( http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cheeerrrie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) you get "super secret" rewards.
admonkey
King of the Jungle

Post by admonkey »

Word on the EB street was the Platinum club was real, too.
"I'm a drinker with a writing problem." -- Brendan Behan

The Mad Monkey Campaign.