OFFICIAL: ISRAEL / PALESTINE Anticipation Thread

Everyday discussion about all Obey Giant things.
Abrogate
Giant

Re: OFFICIAL: ISRAEL / PALESTINE Anticipation Thread

Post by Abrogate »

JVB wrote:
capadon wrote:Those mock-ups do look great. However, I think I'd switch the order of the prints displayed on the right hand side to make things a bit more symmetrical. E.g., face-pattern, obey-pattern, israel/palestine, obey-pattern, face-patter.
And i'd put the blk/red on the left, and the red on the right, so it counters the israel print.

very nice.! :o
"the greatest form of sanity anyone can exercise is to resist the force that is trying to repress,oppress and fight down the human spirit."-Mumia Abu Jamal
whyhoo
itsame

Re:

Post by whyhoo »

GiantTarHeel wrote:Congrats on being a bunch of idiots! Why is every little thing published here to enable flippers? All you have done is make it more difficult for those of us who want to keep the art. If you have some good info on getting a print, how about PM your friends instead of letting the entire forum know, which has more and more flippers join every day! WTF!
hmmm.... someone said once: "settle down, it's just screenprints".... what is this your job or something?
on point like a decimalist?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

GiantTarHeel wrote:Congrats on being a bunch of idiots!
Thanks!! It really means a lot coming from you. :lol:
Reverend ToneZone
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Reverend ToneZone »

Gigantico wrote:
GiantTarHeel wrote:Congrats on being a bunch of idiots!
Thanks!! It really means a lot coming from you. :lol:
:lol:
Check out the collection, wants, trades, and feedback . . .
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=8633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." -George Carlin R.I.P.
GiantTarHeel
Posse

Post by GiantTarHeel »

My apologies. My fingers start typing in rage when I see small advantages of getting prints I want for myself get offered out to many of the flippers on the forum. All calmed down now.
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Re:

Post by Gigantico »

GiantTarHeel wrote:My apologies. My fingers start typing in rage when I see small advantages of getting prints I want for myself get offered out to many of the flippers on the forum. All calmed down now.
No worries! :D Goo luck, mang... 8)
brintoul
Giant

Re:

Post by brintoul »

GiantTarHeel wrote:My apologies. My fingers start typing in rage when I see small advantages of getting prints I want for myself get offered out to many of the flippers on the forum. All calmed down now.
For my part, when I wrote it was super easy to get on the list, I meant to say that you should:

a.) not be a flipper
b.) not be an a$$hole

Seems pretty easy, really.

Post by stuckeyc37 »

tlh1005 wrote:
whyhoo wrote:anyone else get in on duckys?
Hope so.
notudon
Giant

Post by notudon »

stuckeyc37 wrote:
tlh1005 wrote:
Hope so.
Submitted order, waiting to get confirmation from Ducky.
Check out my print collection. http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=1462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=12750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theBrain
Giant

Post by theBrain »

notudon wrote:
stuckeyc37 wrote:
tlh1005 wrote:
Hope so.
how much were they?
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

theBrain wrote:
notudon wrote:
stuckeyc37 wrote:
tlh1005 wrote:
Hope so.
how much were they?
$90
theBrain
Giant

Post by theBrain »

fribhey wrote:
theBrain wrote:
notudon wrote:
stuckeyc37 wrote:
tlh1005 wrote:
Hope so.
how much were they?
$90
nice! great score for those who got a second chance!
BrokeFromArt
Swindler

Post by BrokeFromArt »

Mine arrived today! I thought it looked pretty cool. My wife took one look at it and said "thats so vaginal" She didnt like it very much.

Dont think I had heard anyone say that one yet.
submit
The Reason

Post by submit »

avoid disappointment and future regret
conartstudio
Sergeant Politeness

Post by conartstudio »

BrokeFromArt wrote:Mine arrived today! I thought it looked pretty cool. My wife took one look at it and said "thats so vaginal" She didnt like it very much.

was the first thing i thought of when i saw it, especially since i think the two fingers look like legs crossed :)
whyhoo
itsame

Post by whyhoo »

fribhey wrote:
BrokeFromArt wrote:Mine arrived today! I thought it looked pretty cool. My wife took one look at it and said "thats so vaginal" She didnt like it very much.

was the first thing i thought of when i saw it, especially since i think the two fingers look like legs crossed :)
HA!!!! no fockin doubt... just got my confirm too! :D
on point like a decimalist?
Gigantico
Carbon-Based Wastage

Post by Gigantico »

sheeponahill
Swindler

Post by sheeponahill »

OMG. Mine just arrived and it was wrapped very tightly in the kraft paper and as I was taking the kraft paper off, I ripped the poster!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh. I'm so disgusted with myself. There is now a 2 inch vertical tear at the top of the poster dead smack in the middle. OMG OMG OMG. I'm a complete IDIOT!!!

How does everyone else get the kraft paper off (around the tape)? I haven't figured out a good way to do it (OBVIOUSLY).
My collection: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=13792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theBrain
Giant

Post by theBrain »

sheeponahill wrote:OMG. Mine just arrived and it was wrapped very tightly in the kraft paper and as I was taking the kraft paper off, I ripped the poster!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh. I'm so disgusted with myself. There is now a 2 inch vertical tear at the top of the poster dead smack in the middle. OMG OMG OMG. I'm a complete IDIOT!!!

How does everyone else get the kraft paper off (around the tape)? I haven't figured out a good way to do it (OBVIOUSLY).
i very carefully use a knife and slide between the two sheets of kraft. so far, no probs.
rumspring
Giant

Post by rumspring »

sheeponahill wrote:OMG. Mine just arrived and it was wrapped very tightly in the kraft paper and as I was taking the kraft paper off, I ripped the poster!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh. I'm so disgusted with myself. There is now a 2 inch vertical tear at the top of the poster dead smack in the middle. OMG OMG OMG. I'm a complete IDIOT!!!

Ouch! :shock: That sucks. My condolences. I hope for her sake you can still love her despite the imperfection.

I normally try to carefully peel the packing tape off from the side that is on the end of the kraft paper so that it sticks to the kraft paper below when unrolled and not the print (learned that one the hard way).
Last edited by rumspring on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

theBrain wrote:

i very carefully use a knife and slide between the two sheets of kraft. so far, no probs.
Me too, i use a scapel. Sorry to hear that sheeponahill.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

I'm sorry to hear that, that's a huge bummer! I have a print hanging on the wall in my cubicle that has a two inch tear dead center, it's not that noticeable once framed. It's super sh!tty that it happened, but I hope you can still enjoy the piece.
sheeponahill wrote:How does everyone else get the kraft paper off (around the tape)? I haven't figured out a good way to do it (OBVIOUSLY).
I use the tip of an Xacto knife to carefully pick at edge of the tape, once the corner is lifted, I pull the tape off.
"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
gpt104
Giant

Post by gpt104 »

Use a small blade and run it lightly over the top of the tape. If you do it on an angle, even a slip will not hit the print - Never straight down. Just enough to get through the top layer
Collection & Wants: http://forum.thegiant.org/collection/others.php?u=3093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sheeponahill
Swindler

Post by sheeponahill »

Thanks for all the sympathy. I will try the blade method next time. I've steered clear of knives/blades before b/c I was too afraid of marking/cutting the posters, but, clearly, I need to try something new.

I'm new at all this, so I'm just going to chalk this up as a learning experience. A very very very painful learning experience! She should still look great in my office :)
My collection: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... p?id=13792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mention
Propaganda Engineer

Post by mention »

gpt104 wrote:Use a small blade and run it lightly over the top of the tape. If you do it on an angle, even a slip will not hit the print - Never straight down. Just enough to get through the top layer
Make sure it's sharp, and use very light pressure!!!