Patillac13 (Pat Jensen)

Artist-members sharing their work.
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

You certainly got this hype thing licked Pat. :P
I still wonder about your little winged dude...on your forehead in your avvy. I remember it as your old avvy and you drew on on the packing to the record stencil you sent me. First I thought it was D*Face but soon noticed the differences.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Re:

Post by Patillac13 »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:You certainly got this hype thing licked Pat. :P
Is "licked" good or bad? :lol:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I still wonder about your little winged dude...on your forehead in your avvy. I remember it as your old avvy and you drew on on the packing to the record stencil you sent me. First I thought it was D*Face but soon noticed the differences.
I've been wondering lately if it's too similar to the D*Face symbol/character. I honestly didn't intend on copying it, but I can't say for sure if I had seen D*Face's image before I drew mine up for the first time (long ago). My little flea has gone through a few different pretty drastic stages, so I'm sure outside images and ideas have influenced the look. I just hope I didn't rip D*Face off without trying... :oops: maybe I should start a poll to see what the kind folks all across thegiant think.

Regardless of if it's too D*Face-y or not, I plan on getting some stickers printed, would anyone like to help out and put them up in clever places for me worldwide?! ;)

"everyone needs to chill or I'm stopping the internet." - submit

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shopping on Amazon? Use this link and help thegiant.org!
Dizzyegg05
Giant

Re: Re:

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Patillac13 wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:You certainly got this hype thing licked Pat. :P
Is "licked" good or bad? :lol:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I still wonder about your little winged dude...on your forehead in your avvy. I remember it as your old avvy and you drew on on the packing to the record stencil you sent me. First I thought it was D*Face but soon noticed the differences.
I've been wondering lately if it's too similar to the D*Face symbol/character. I honestly didn't intend on copying it, but I can't say for sure if I had seen D*Face's image before I drew mine up for the first time (long ago). My little flea has gone through a few different pretty drastic stages, so I'm sure outside images and ideas have influenced the look. I just hope I didn't rip D*Face off without trying... :oops: maybe I should start a poll to see what the kind folks all across thegiant think.

Regardless of if it's too D*Face-y or not, I plan on getting some stickers printed, would anyone like to help out and put them up in clever places for me worldwide?! ;)

Count me in bud. He's an awesome lil fella. I like that he is a flea too ( don't ask why)

Anyway yeah , I'm sure me and Stickee would be more than happy to get him around England.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Dizzyegg05 wrote:Count me in bud. He's an awesome lil fella. I like that he is a flea too ( don't ask why)

Anyway yeah , I'm sure me and Stickee would be more than happy to get him around England.
Thanks Dizzy. I'll definitely PM you when I get them printed up (I think it takes a while, though).

I showed you the mad-faced version I use it to cut stencils out for spraying and stuff like that... but now I'll show the glad-faced fleas. There are times when the mean face isn't appropriate, then I use these little buggers:

:D My 3 year old nephew loves them, for sure. I painted these multicolored fleas on a bunch of shirts and whenever he sees them he laughs and has to poke them with his finger (I make funny noises when he pokes them, too). There was also a run-in with a guy that I think has really stoned at Target once, he saw these happy fleas and started giggling and saying jibberish about how awesome the little faces on the little guys were, then he wandered away. Fun stuff! Haha.

http://obeygiant.com/bootlegs/pat-jensen-has-a-posse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dizzyegg05
Giant

Post by Dizzyegg05 »

Patillac13 wrote:
Dizzyegg05 wrote:Count me in bud. He's an awesome lil fella. I like that he is a flea too ( don't ask why)

Thanks Dizzy. I'll PM you when I get them printed up (I think it takes a WHILE, though). I showed you the mad-faced version. I use it to cut stencils out for spraying... but now I'll show the glad-faced fleas.

:D My 3 year old nephew loves them. I painted these multicolored fleas on a bunch of shirts and whenever he sees them he laughs and has to touch them (I make funny noises when he touches them, too). There was also a run-in with a guy that I think has really stoned at Target once, he saw these happy fleas and started giggling and saying jibberish about how awesome the little faces on the little guys were, then he wandered away. Fun stuff! Haha.

Ha awesome. Well I look forward to seeing the results. Your a busy boy lately.

I Was gonna screen print Worms. Then I changed my mind. Maybe as stickers wrapped around lamp posts? lol

Last edited by Dizzyegg05 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
zanzi123
Giant

Re: Patillac13 (Pat Jensen)

Post by zanzi123 »

I LOVE THESE SO MUCH!!! they are amazingly awesome in a strange way!
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

Hit me up with some stickers.I paste The NEtherlands for ya..It looks really nice ..

PM me for my adress.!!
extremeimages77
Giant

Post by extremeimages77 »

ill hit up boston
"Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded.
Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth
or fourteenth."
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

Wow, thanks to everyone who offered to help put stickers up so far! I can't wait to send them out. I just need to figure out what design to go with to start out, then I'll get them ordered up. I'll let everyone know as soon as they get delivered :D

Thanks again for the kind words, support, and offers to put stickers up in all sorts of places!

callmeLA
Punk

Post by callmeLA »

awhhh... your work breaks my heart. there's all this sweet intention behind it, it seems. LOVE art from the heart. fantastic.
michou
Punk

Post by michou »

Patillac13 wrote:Wow, thanks to everyone who offered to help put stickers up so far! I can't wait to send them out. I just need to figure out what design to go with to start out, then I'll get them ordered up. I'll let everyone know as soon as they get delivered :D

Thanks again for the kind words, support, and offers to put stickers up in all sorts of places!
Love the stickers ideas! Particularly your little flea-dude. If you want to send me a bunch I can get them up and around the east coast of Australia. I got a bunch of rad stickers from some Aussie artists I can send your way 8)
EFE
Giant

Post by EFE »

ANd i send you some EFE stickers back to hit up USA.!!

It would be awesome to see my sticker somewhere in USA.
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

callmeLA wrote:awhhh... your work breaks my heart. there's all this sweet intention behind it, it seems. LOVE art from the heart. fantastic.
I definitely do make a lot of art from the heart, especially the rose pieces for my girlfriend. I like to make art with emotion behind it, I think it helps the artwork be more compelling that something that's made for purely aesthetic reasons (but I make some of that as well). I guess it depends on the circumstance and the specific topic and how I'm feeling while planning the piece and working on it and everything else. Thank you for the kind words, I love getting feedback :D
michou wrote:Love the stickers ideas! Particularly your little flea-dude. If you want to send me a bunch I can get them up and around the east coast of Australia. I got a bunch of rad stickers from some Aussie artists I can send your way 8)
EFE wrote:ANd i send you some EFE stickers back to hit up USA.!!

It would be awesome to see my sticker somewhere in USA.
More interest in the stickers?! All right!!! That's great news, now I have to get some printed. I'll update this thread when I have some ready to send out to everyone. Thanks for the interest!

Which one does everyone like more? I'll probably get a bunch of each made into stickers, but I was just wondering which is the crowd favorite ;)

extremeimages77
Giant

one on the right>
or fourteenth."
slidingaround
Giant

Post by slidingaround »

extremeimages77 wrote:one on the right>
skoola
Giant

Post by skoola »

slidingaround wrote:
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

It's unanimous! The first stickers will be the...
skoola wrote:
slidingaround wrote:

:D

zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

slidingaround wrote:
stinkypete wrote:Just so I'm on record Zanzi if you really are a 300 pound 46 year old aircondition salesman with bad teeth and a hairy back we are all going to be seriously weirded out, maybe permanently....
Dizzyegg05 wrote:I only ever click this thread to re read pages 1 and 2. Jordan v Zanzi was epic :P
michou
Punk

Post by michou »

Yeah do it Pat! The one on the right :)
zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

looking forward to those limited edition bedazzeled jackets
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

zanzi123 wrote:looking forward to those limited edition bedazzeled jackets
---Official Press Release---
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY. Any Bedazzling talk about me is a joke. Please do not inquire about, or submit orders for Bedazzled jean jackets.
I don't even have a Bedazzler... but if I did, I would strive to be one of the best Bedazzlers in history. I would not hide my Bedazzling. I would be proud of my craft.
---End of Official Press Release---

;)

zanzi123
Giant

Post by zanzi123 »

Patillac13 wrote:
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY. Any Bedazzling talk about me is a joke. Please do not inquire about, or submit orders for Bedazzled jean jackets.
I don't even have a Bedazzler... but if I did, I would strive to be one of the best Bedazzlers in history. I would not hide my Bedazzling. I would be proud of my craft.

;)
:lol:
extremeimages77
Giant

Patillac13 wrote:

;)
save the bedazzleing for platinum club
or fourteenth."
Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

extremeimages77 wrote:
Patillac13 wrote:

;)
save the bedazzleing for platinum club
"Here you go sir... here is your new Platinum Membership Card... and your exclusive, limited edition, hand Bedazzled stone-washed jean jacket. Enjoy your Platinum Membership."

Patillac13
Lucky Bastard

Post by Patillac13 »

OK, the stickers have been ordered!

I started out nice and simple/bold. 250 black fleas on a white background, and 250 white fleas on a black background. One day I'd really like to get some stickers printed on clear vinyl! But for now, that's a little too pricey for starters. I'll post when the stickers come in (should be within 2 to 8 weeks) and get them spread around the world ;)

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!