I was thinking about making a print

Mindless Chatter - Not related? Post it here.
chrisburns

I was thinking about making a print

Post by chrisburns »

I'm in a screenprinting class right at the moment. I've wanted to screenprint for a while now, but only recently have I been able to start doing it in a real sense.

http://www.ox-op.com/obey/p_sid-doityourway.jpg
I was thinking about making a parody poster eventually. It would look similar to the Your Way posters (my icon), except instead of Sid Vicious, it would be the character Frank-n-Furter from the rocky horror picture show, holding a ciggarette, in a similar pose, but instead of it saying "do it your way", it would say C'mon everybody, do it my way.
I'd bet it would look better than it sounds.
LiNk
Site Admin

Wierd

Post by LiNk »

That's wierd. I'd have to see to understand I think.
-LiNk

Eternally the sun has set to mourning
And contoured are the backgrounds
On the canvas to which our lives are painted
noverflow
I think I started this

Re: I was thinking about making a print

Post by noverflow »

chrisburns wrote:I'm in a screenprinting class right at the moment. I've wanted to screenprint for a while now, but only recently have I been able to start doing it in a real sense.

http://www.ox-op.com/obey/p_sid-doityourway.jpg
I was thinking about making a parody poster eventually. It would look similar to the Your Way posters (my icon), except instead of Sid Vicious, it would be the character Frank-n-Furter from the rocky horror picture show, holding a ciggarette, in a similar pose, but instead of it saying "do it your way", it would say C'mon everybody, do it my way.
I'd bet it would look better than it sounds.

I think you would have to see RHPS to understand, but I think it would be awesome
I really hate PMs. Please just email me.
illyanadmc
Official Cupcake Maker!

Re: I was thinking about making a print

Post by illyanadmc »

noverflow wrote:I think you would have to see RHPS to understand, but I think it would be awesome

i agree, it sounds rad.
i'm proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.
chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

in the past, finding Obey Giant and having it be one of my first big inspirations has been a problem as far as copying the style goes. I think doing things like this where it's obvious, or things like the messageboard banner are good for me, because it lets me differentiate between my style and creativity and other people's work
Saint
Punk

Post by Saint »

Do it. I command it. Or I kill you.
chrisburns

Post by chrisburns »

you son of a poodle. how dare you find me here.

saint lives an hour away from me. i saw him irl